Greater Washington DC Area Veterans Job FairThursday, June 15, 2023
Why attend our career fair?
|05||Average interviews conducted by each organization|
|05||Average offers extended by each organization|
|~72K||Jobs available with attending organizations|
53 Registered Exhibitors
Our events average over 50 exhibitors, and the list is not final until the day of the event. Check back regularly for additions.
Upcoming Job Fair Information
Walter E. Washington Convention Center
801 Mt. Vernon Place NW
Washington, DC 20001
The Job Fair will take place in Ballroom A.
Enter the Convention Center via the Main Entrance - located on Mt. Vernon PW (across from the Apple Carnegie Library). See entry map under Parking Information.
Parking is available at parking garages around the Convention Center.
To help offset parking costs, RecruitMilitary will provided complimentary gift cards to the first 100 Job Seekers.
Available parking garages can be found via the map HERE.
Garages close to the Convention Center:
* 600 Mass Ave - 600 Massachusetts Avenue, NW
* 650 Mass Ave - 650 Massachusetts Avenue, NW
* 655 New York Avenue - 655 New York Avenue, NW (Entrance - South Side of L Street between 6th and 7th Streets).
* City Center Parking - 852 9th Street, NW
* LAZ Parking - 501 K Street, NW
* Renaissance Hotel & Public Parking - 999 9th Street, NW (Entrance - 801 I Street NW between the Department of Veterans Affairs and City TAP House).
Once parked, enter the event via the Main Entrance. See Entrance Map HERE. The Main Entrance is located at 801 Mt. Vernon Place NW, Washington DC, 20001. This entrance is across from the Apple Carnegie Library.
The Convention Center sits atop the Mt. Vernon Square/7th Street-Convention Center station served by Metro's Green and Yellow lines. Alternatively, take the Red Line to the Gallery Place-Chinatown Metro station which is a 5 minute walk from the Convention Center.
Visit WMATA.com or call (202) 637-7000 for maps, schedules and more information on traveling by metro or bus.
Event Prep Resources
Before the Event
- Complete your RecruitMilitary profile
- Upload your resume to your RecruitMilitary profile
- Research the exhibitors and open jobs
- Review the venue information
- Read the in-person event FAQ
- Share this opportunity with others
Event Success Tips
- Be Prepared: Charge your phone and practice your elevator pitch.
- Keep an Open Mind: You never know which company has the perfect job for you.
- Work the Room: Stop by every booth and share your QR code with every organization.
- Rule of 3: Get at least three company follow-ups.
- Apply as You Network: Apply to open positions while you network with recruiters.
- Smile: Be confident. You've got this!
There was much more purposeful engagement at this event than at other job fairs. Candidates are also mature and ready to find a great place to have a career.
Joint Base Lewis McChord -- Insurance recruiter
Frequently Asked Questions
A RecruitMilitary Job Fair is an event where job seekers with military experience can meet with recruiters from local and national companies. These events are free for U.S veterans, military spouses, transitioning military, and members of the Guard and Reserve.
RecruitMilitary's events are enhanced job fairs or career fairs with various types of exhibitors.
- Educational institutions
- Veterans' associations and service agencies
- Government agencies
Expect to build your network, make new professional contacts, and discover job leads. These job fairs are the perfect time to practice your elevator pitch and interact with representatives from all kinds of companies.
Build out your RecruitMilitary profile to be as complete as possible. This is the information employers can see to know if you are the right fit for their organization. Visit our resource page with Expanded Event FAQs.
For the most part, you will share your RecruitMilitary profile via QR code that is accessible in your RecruitMilitary account. As mentioned above, make sure to complete your RecruitMilitary profile by filling in all possible fields and uploading your resume. If you do not have a resume, our system can help you build one to share with exhibitors at the event.
Please note: many government agencies are required to collect paper resumes. We recommend bringing a couple of physical resumes, just in case!