RecruitMilitary Logo
Sign In

Navy Exchange Service Command (NEXCOM)

Who We Are

WELCOME TO Navy Exchange Service Command (NEXCOM)!

The Navy Exchange Service Command (NEXCOM) is the headquarters for the worldwide NEXCOM Enterprise and is one of 11 commands under the Commander, Naval Supply Systems Command (NAVSUP).

NEXCOM offers exciting opportunities to join a unique provider of goods and services to Navy Sailors and their families around the world.  We are a $2+B enterprise, operating over 300 Navy Exchange retail locations and 100 Navy Hospitality locations around the US and in 13 foreign countries, on nearly 100 Naval Bases globally.  Our NEX oversees the operation and management of retail stores, food services, hotels, auto shops, and other services.

NEXCOM oversees six primary business programs:

  • Navy Exchange (NEX) Retail Stores and Services
  • NEXCOM Hospitality Group
  • Uniform Program Management Office (UPMO)
  • Navy Clothing Textile and Research Facility (NCTRF)
  • Ships Stores Program
  • Telecommunications Program Office (TPO)

With the exception of the Ships Store Program, the NEXCOM Enterprise conducts its operations as a federal non-appropriated funded instrumentality. As such, the command is self-supporting with 70 percent of its profits given to Navy Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR) programs and the remaining 30 percent reinvested in NEX buildings and equipment.

NEXCOM is a military organization and is subject to congressional legislation as well as oversight from the Department of the Navy. NEXCOM’s parent command is the Naval Supply Systems Command (NAVSUP).

The NEXCOM Enterprise boasts over 14,000 civilian associates in a wide variety of jobs worldwide, over 40 percent of whom are military affiliated as either family members or veterans. The bulk of NEXCOM’s workforce is comprised of government non-appropriated civilians, many of whom are also military affiliated as either family members or veterans. This combination of military leadership and civilian business expertise enables NEXCOM to perform its unique mission for the Navy.

Our mission is to provide authorized customers’ quality goods and services at a savings and to support Navy quality of life programs for active duty military, retirees, reservists, veterans, DoD civilians and families

Remember, you will come for our benefits but you will stay for the mission!