Product Center Engineer III - Military Veterans
at National Oilwell Varco
As a Product Center Engineer you will be a key member of a design community that is responsible for delivering a range of class-leading innovative engineering designs and solutions to satisfy customers. Acting with minimum guidance from the Engineering Manager, you are a highly competent individual with the ability to both lead and complete design tasks throughout all phases of a project lifecycle from proposals to completion, on time and on budget. A significant appreciation of the commercial implications of design decisions along with a strong awareness of modern manufacturing technologies and practices are critical to this role.
- All tasks are carried out in accordance with Engineering group policies and quality procedures under the leadership of the Engineering Manager.
- Contribute to sales and marketing efforts to ensure products offered are in line with engineering group and company strategies
- Support design projects as allocated by the Principle Engineer with minimal supervision
- Prepare detailed cost estimates and ensure timely delivery of all necessary design tasks and within budget
- Prepare, check and approve associated engineering documents (such as drawings, technical illustrations, manuals, reports and calculations) and ensure they are completed within the required timescales
- Develop and lead test programs and factory acceptance tests to validate designs
- Identify solutions to design problems in assigned projects
- Utilize standard engineering calculations related to specific design or analytical projects.
- Complete assignments received from supervisor using established design tools and procedures.
- Direct and see project through to completion with assistance of technical personnel.
- Develop accurate and complete documentation of data and project results in a timely manner.
- Interact with personnel in other departments and disciplines.
- Participate in action plans for new projects defined by supervisor
- Consistently produce quality work and recommend areas where quality can be improved.
- Assist with generation and delivery of customer presentations.
- Attend field runs and visit service shops to provide basic technical support for products
- Knowledgeable of competitive products and competitor patent
- Provide leadership related to projects and group
- Perform training and/or mentoring for professional development of other Engineers
- Engineering Change procedures are implemented thoroughly, ensuring minimum disruption to the business at all time
- Ensure all assigned deliverables are technically in accordance with client requirements and established contract requirement
- Chair client meetings and monitor individual's performance to ensure customer care is at the foremost positio
- Remain aware and involved in the latest developments within the industry and the greater engineering world to identify any potential concepts that could be incorporated into new designs
- Travel as and when required in order to support the business
- B.S. in Engineering/Scientific discipline with minimum 5 years of related design knowledge/experience preferred, or
- M.S. in Engineering/Scientific discipline with minimum 2 years of related design knowledge/experience preferred, or
- PHD in Engineering/Scientific discipline
- Working knowledge of leading design projects within multi-disciplinary teams
- Working knowledge within a manufacturing environment and within the Energy Industry, specifically within drill bits
- Relevant experience within Oil and Gas
Since 1841, National Oilwell Varco (NOV) has been dedicated to ensuring customers receive the highest quality oilfield products and services.
Leveraging over 800 worldwide manufacturing, sales and service centers, National Oilwell Varco supplies customer-focused solutions that best meet the quality, productivity, and environmental requirements of the energy industry.
National Oilwell Varco is a worldwide leader in providing major mechanical components for land and offshore drilling rigs, complete land drilling and well servicing rigs, tubular inspection and internal tubular coatings, drill string equipment, extensive lifting and handling equipment, and a broad offering of downhole drilling motors, bits and tools. National Oilwell Varco also provides supply chain services through its network of distribution service centers located near major drilling and production activity worldwide.
Please visit our careers site https://egay.fa.us6.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_2001