Engineering Software Programmer - Military Veterans
at ATA Engineering Inc.
Engineering Software Programmer
San Diego - 13290 Evening Creek Drive South, San Diego, California 92128
Alabama - 1308 Voyager Way NW, Suite 102, Huntsville, Alabama 35806
Colorado - 1597 Cole Boulevard, Lakewood, Colorado 80401
ATA is seeking engineers who like to develop software. The successful candidate will be detail oriented with logical thinking skills to be able to design software applications, including those with graphical user interfaces (GUIs). The successful candidate should also have an interest in making engineering processes more efficient. The position is full-time (40 hours per week with benefits). ATA is headquartered in San Diego, California, but services clients globally. This opportunity is based in our San Diego, Huntsville, or Denver offices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide programming support for aerospace, mechanical, and structural engineers on a wide variety of challenging projects, from structural dynamics to data management and file format translation.
- Preferred experience includes programming in MATLAB, Python, C, C++, C#, Visual Basic, and/or Java. Able to troubleshoot hardware and software configurations.
- Strong familiarity with object-oriented programming.
- GUI programming experience.
- Familiarity with hardware programming a plus.
- Comfortable with Windows and Linux operating systems.
The ideal candidate would have all of the following skills. A highly motivated but less-experienced candidate interested in learning these skills would also be considered.
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Structural Engineering, with an excellent academic record. Dual major or minor in Computational or Software Engineering a strong plus.
- Interest in programming engineering applications and object-oriented programming.
- Must have interest in engineering design, analysis, and data management processes.
- Experience with Nastran, NX, Femap, or other CAE tools preferred.
- Willing to travel and occasionally work at customer sites, as needed.
- Must be a US Person.
- Full-time position only. No contractors or part-time applications will be accepted.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Entry-Mid Career Level: $80,000-$165,000 per year
- Manager/Director Level: $145,000-$285,000 per year
We appreciate your interest in ATA Engineering and request that you submit the following materials if you are qualified and wish to join our team of employee-owners at ATA Engineering:
- A current résumé or CV.
- A copy of your up-to-date college transcripts. You may email them, or request that an official transcript be sent directly to the address below. If your transcript contains identifying information such as Social Security Number and/or date of birth, please delete this information prior to submitting your transcripts.
- A statement confirming that you meet the definition of a US person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15.
Email all documents to [email protected]
Or mail them to:
Manager, Human Resources
ATA Engineering, Inc.
13290 Evening Creek Drive South
San Diego, CA 92128
ATA Engineering, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact an ATA Engineering, Inc., Human Resources Representative at [email protected].
San Diego, CA
ATA Engineering, Inc. (ATA) provides innovative solutions through test- and analysis-driven design by focusing on the engineering needs of manufacturers in addressing their cost, quality, and time-to-market challenges for mechanical and aerospace systems. We use testing and analysis coupled with computer-aided engineering and mechanical engineering software to solve problems in the aerospace, entertainment, industrial, biomedical, and consumer products industries. We are experts in applying advanced mechanical engineering software to design, test and analyze mechanical engineering structures.