STS Technical Group is hiring Mechanical Designers in Brookfield, Wisconsin.
- Responsible for design, development and implementation of automated machine, tooling and fixtures.
- Interact with internal customers to provide mechanical design support for their equipment needs.
- Ensure both product quality and process reliability are designed into the project from the start.
- Review and understand project costing and margin requirements with applications engineering.
- Develop clear, measurable requirements for success based on the established standards and in concert with project teams.
- Lead the creation and maintenance of a detailed project schedule to update Management of the status on the progress of the project in regular basis.
- Responsible for the project specifications, evaluation of suppliers, their quotations and cost control of the project budget.
- Ensure the project delivered is compliant with all relevant OSHA, ANSI and local standards in respect to the design and engineering work practices.
- Project Management including phase reviews, design & development and full documentation.
- Conduct regular project meetings with the project team throughout the project on: Machine/Equipment/Tooling design and status.
- Controls/Systems design and status.
- Review project specifications, deliverables and requirements with applications engineering.
- Track all changes with a written Project Change Notification and maintain a revision summary.
- Record, address and resolve issues that impact project timing and/or scope.
- Develop contingency plans or recovery plans as required.
- Monitor the timing and cost of the fabrication to deliver the project on time and within budget.
Experience & Education:
- 5-10 years relevant working experience
- Automation Machine Design, Design for Manufacturing High Speed Assembly Equipment (optional).
- Machine Tools Precision Tooling Industrial machine control systems (optional)
- 3-5 years relevant experience in project management.
- Solid interpersonal communication skills, a professional demeanor, cooperative personality and a team attitude are all required.
- Works well with others and interacts effectively and efficiently with internal and external people and groups.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to use SolidWorks and MS Office Suite, MS Project, SharePoint Document Management and general computer literacy.
- Extensive cross functional team expertise including technical and non-technical work.
- Analytical and creative thinker, problem solver, result-oriented and focused.
- Highly organized, ability to prioritize a varied and fast-changing workload.
- Motivated, high achiever, persistent and conscientious.
About STS Technical Group:STS Technical Group specializes in three distinct industries… workforce management, engineering and additive manufacturing. Our workforce management team has more than 40 years of expertise, and the company is considered one of the Top-100 Staffing organizations in the United States. Our Technical Design team is home to STS’ engineers and technical support specialists, and that group has offices and manufacturing facilities in both Wisconsin and Mexico. As for our Additive Manufacturing group, that team runs more than 40 state-of-the art printers at all times, using a myriad of modern materials, tools and the latest technology to deliver unmatched results at affordable prices. If you want to speak to a recruiting professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787. —– STS Technical Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, STS Technical Services complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
About STS Aviation Group
STS Aviation Group was founded in 1986, and over the past three decades, the company has grown to become a global powerhouse in the aerospace industry. With headquarters in Jensen Beach, Florida and offices around the world, our company provides a growing range of solutions to the global aviation industry. These solutions include component sales and distribution, workforce management, aircraft engineering services, line maintenance, and aircraft repair and modifications.
Over the years, STS Aviation Group has become widely known for its breadth of capabilities and customer-centric approach to helping airlines and aircraft operators meet their critical operational and people requirements all over the world.
To learn more about STS Aviation Group and what makes us the company with “Solutions to Keep You Flying,” browse the pages of this website or give us a call today at 1-800-800-2400.