Summary / Description
Position Summary / Responsibilities:
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer service oriented Senior Software/Web Developer to join our team in Alexandria, VA to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
In this role you will work as part of a seven member development team at the client site under the supervision of a company project manager in support of a Federal Government client.
Day-to-day responsibilities will include enhancements, client-directed edits, and troubleshooting of existing web applications and the development of new web applications.
Enhancements will focus on
(1) the addition/upgrade of analytics, visualization and reporting components of web applications associated with the Department of Defense IT Investment process; and
(2) extension of existing/creation of new machine-to-machine interfaces between separate web applications that share data fields and/or business processes.
- Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree and 10 years of experienceor equivalent blend of education & experience.
- Web Development
- VB, VBA, VB script, LINQ
- MS Access and Excel
- MS SQL Server
- REST, Web Service, SOAP, WCF
- Security+ certification
- Ability to successfully interface with many levels of client management, with a view toward ever-improving client relationships
- Able to set priorities and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Attentive to detail, tenacious in follow up
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to integrate well with an established development team
- Clearance: DoD Secret Clearance required
Desired Skill Set :
- Analytics, Visualization and Reporting Knowledge/Experience
- MS Excel Slicer, PowerPivot and Graphing tools
- Crystal Reports
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.
Solving Complex Client Challenges with Reliable IT Solutions
We’re a worldwide technology services and solutions company dedicated to providing clients with reliable, secure IT solutions to cut costs and optimize performance. We apply Unisys expertise in consulting, systems integration, outsourcing, infrastructure, and server technology to help our clients achieve their business goals. We give our clients the visibility to see their business more clearly—ahead of decision points, investments, and risks.
An Innovative Company with a Global Reach
And we’re not just in one or two countries—we're global, operating in over 100 countries and in both hemispheres. So no matter where you are in the world—we’re there too.