Principal Engineer Application Engineer - RF - Remote - Military Veterans
Title: Principal Engineer Application Engineer - RF
About GlobalFoundries :
GlobalFoundries is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world's most inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GlobalFoundries makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets. For more information, visit www.gf.com
GLOBALFOUNDRIES RF Corporate Application Engineering team is responsible for providing direct technical support on the Design Enablement tools and Technologies that customers engaged in designing RF and millimetre wave integrated circuits (RFIC's) in GLOBALFOUNDRIES' state-of-the-art RF SiGe and RFSOI technologies use. This position offers an opportunity for direct customer interaction. Ability to represent GLOBALFOUNDRIES in a direct customer contact role is essential.
- Experience with RF/mmWave designs like LNA, PA, Switches etc.
- Experience with industry standard RFIC simulation tools (Keysight ADS, Spectre/RF, Momentum, EMX etc.), design checking and parasitic extraction tools such as Cadence, Mentor and Synopsys DRC, LVS and PEX, and/or silicon technology process development is required.
- Responsible to drive client requests and insight into internal Design Enablement and Technology development teams, resulting in increased competitiveness of GF's Design Enablement and Technologies in the marketplace, and higher client satisfaction.
- Verify reported bugs in the Design Kit and document clearly to the development team
- Work with the Design Kit development team to implement fixes and enhancements
- Contribute to RF/mmWave Reference Circuit designs
- Write Application Notes on topics/problems that recur
- Contribute to writing of Technical Training Materials
- Present Design Kit and Technology trainings at customer sites
- To be a Technology Champion and be the voice of customer at BRT and Core Team discussions
- Exposure to foundry PDKs is an added advantage for this role.
- Education - B.S., M.S. in E.E.
- Experience - Minimum of 6+ years' experience
- Travel 10% (flexible)
- Fluency in the English Language - Written & verbal - Required
- Strong fundamental knowledge with active and passive device FOM like ft, fmax, gm, nfmin, Q, SRF etc
- RF, mmWave or Analog Integrated Circuit Design experience
- 6-8 years of experience with B.S., M.S. in E.E
- Clear communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Good teamwork, flexibility, and positive attitude
GlobalFoundries is an equal opportunity employer, cultivating a diverse and inclusive workforce. We believe having a multicultural workplace enhances productivity, efficiency and innovation whilst our employees feel truly respected, valued and heard.
As an affirmative employer, all qualified applicants are considered for employment regardless of age, ethnicity, marital status, citizenship, race, religion, political affiliation, gender, sexual orientation and medical and/or physical abilities.
All offers of employment with GlobalFoundries are conditioned upon the successful completion of background checks, medical screenings as applicable and subject to the respective local laws and regulations. To ensure that we maintain a safe and healthy workplace for our GlobalFoundries employees, please note that offered candidates who have applied for jobs in India will have to be fully vaccinated prior to their targeted start date. For new hires, the appointment is contingent upon the provision of a copy of their COVID-19 vaccination document, subject to any written request for medical or religious accommodation.
Information about our benefits you can find here: https://gf.com/about-us/careers/opportunities-asia
Who we are
GlobalFoundries (GF) is one of the world’s leading semiconductor manufacturers and the only one with a truly global footprint. GF is bringing semiconductor manufacturing back to the U.S., securing our national defense and meeting the demands of the global chip shortage. We make the chips that are used in smart mobile devices, security, cellular base stations, satellite communications, automotive, computing, artificial intelligence, data centers, and more!
GF is proud to be a longtime supplier to the U.S. Government, and we remain deeply committed to meeting the semiconductor technology needs of the Department of Defense, as well as the technologies so critical to our national security.
Why work at GF?
GF is a Veteran partner.
At GF, we work with the DoD's Vet S.T.E.P Skillbridge program, Army PaYS and Air Force PaYS programs. We value the leadership, communication, decision-making, and technical skills found in the military, and ask that all veterans consider GF while transitioning to a civilian career.
GF was recognized by the U.S. Department of Labor as a HIRE Vets Medallion Award recipient for our commitment to recruiting, employing, and retaining veterans.
Our Veterans Resource Group for our employees was created with a mission to build our veteran talent pool, grow our internal professional network, and support our local veteran community.
We emphasize family and community support as well as job placement for military spouses and great employee benefits. Check out our job opportunities & join our GF Team - we’re proud to support veterans and their career goals!