Nurse Reviewer - Quality Assurance - Military Veterans
at Public Consulting Group, Inc.
Nurse Reviewer - Quality Assurance
Job Locations US-NY-Albany
Posted Date 2 months ago (10/3/2023 3:58 PM)
Job ID 2023-9418
# of Openings 0
Category Customer Service/Support
Type Regular Full-Time
Practice Area Staffing Solutions Organization
Staffing Solutions Organization LLC (SSO), an affiliate of Public Consulting Group LLC (PCG), is focused on delighting clients with world-class managed staffing and talent consulting services. SSO is committed to a diverse workforce, which is a reflection of our clients and the people they serve.
Nurse Reviewer - Quality Assurance in Albany, NY
Under the direction of the Bureau of Quality and Surveillance Director, the Registered Nurse will complete tasks including, but not limited to:
- Review of potential Immediate Jeopardy/ Substandard Quality of care situations in nursing and rehabilitation facilities
- Prepare enforcement packets for citations in which Section 12 enforcements are recommended
- Facilitate the Informal Dispute Resolution/ Independent Informal Dispute Resolution process, review Statements of Deficiencies written across NYS for quality assurance purposes
- Prepare Character and Competency reviews, review and assist in developing policies and procedures
- Assist in answering questions from the general public
- Prepare and evaluate various reports for quality assurance functions.
- The Registered Nurse will also complete any additional assignments as deemed necessary by the Director.
- Registered Professional Nurse currently licensed in New York
- 3 years of post-licensure professional nursing experience, at least two years of which must have been professional clinical experience in a licensed health care facility, preferably a nursing home
- SMQT qualified (if considered - this person will be required to complete SMQT certification within a period of 18 months)
- Excellent telephone and written communication skills
- Comprehensive computer skills; including working knowledge of all Microsoft Office products and experience with the federal CMS ASPEN Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Assist in answering MDS questions from providers
- Hours 9:00 am to 5:00pm
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. Staffing Solutions Organization LLC is an e-Verify participant.
Compensation for roles at Staffing Solutions Organization LLC (SSO) varies depending on a wide array of factors including, but not limited to, the specific office location, role, skill set, and level of experience. As required by applicable law, SSO provides the following reasonable range of compensation for this role: $65,000-$75,000. In addition, SSO provides a range of benefits for this role.
Public Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to celebrating diversity and intentionally creating a culture of inclusion. We believe that we work best when our employees feel empowered and accepted, and that starts by honoring each of our unique life experiences. At PCG, all aspects of employment regarding recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, return from layoff, company-sponsored training, education, and social and recreational programs are based on merit, business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, national, social, or ethnic origin, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, physical, mental, or sensory disability, sexual orientation, marital, civil union, or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, citizenship status, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. PCG will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. PCG believes in health, equality, and prosperity for everyone so we can succeed in changing the ways the public sector, including health, education, technology and human services industries, work.
Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, Public Consulting Group (PCG) has nearly 2,000 professionals in over 60 offices around the U.S., in Canada, and in Europe who are dedicated to delivering leading consulting approaches and technologies to public sector clients.Who We Serve
Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) is a management consulting firm that primarily serves public sector education, health, human services, and other state, county, and municipal government clients. Established in 1986 with headquarters in Boston, the firm has extensive experience in all 50 states, clients in six Canadian provinces, and a growing practice in the European Union.
Because PCG has dedicated itself almost exclusively to the public sector for nearly 30 years, the firm has developed a deep understanding of the legal and regulatory requirements and fiscal constraints that often dictate a public agency's ability to meet the needs of the populations it serves. We have helped numerous public sector organizations to maximize resources, make better management decisions using performance measurement techniques, improve business processes, improve federal and state compliance, and improve client outcomes. Many of PCG's nearly 2,000 employees have extensive experience and subject matter knowledge in a range of government-related topics, from child welfare, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), Welfare to Work (WtW), and Medicaid and Medicare policy to special education, literacy and learning, and school-based health finance. PCG's current work includes more than 1,000 active contracts in more than 40 states.
PCG has five designated practice areas which each have a proven track record of achieving desired results for clients. The firm often combines resources from two or more practice areas to offer a multidisciplinary approach to solve a client's challenge or pursue an opportunity.