Research Coordinator - Sugar Land - Military Veterans
at Houston Methodist
At Houston Methodist, the Research Coordinator I position is responsible for coordinating the day-to-day activities of research protocols as well as assessing and determining qualification of patients for research studies. This position ensures accurate data collection, documentation, organization and safety of research participants.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Job responsibilities labeled EF capture those duties that are essential functions of the job.
PEOPLE - 20%
- Under the direction of higher level staff, conducts screening and interviews to evaluatepatient eligibility in study. (EF)
- Promotes a positive work environment and contributes to a dynamic, team focused work unit that actively helps one other to achieve optimal department results. Collaborates with all members of the patient care team by actively communicating and reporting pertinent information as it relates to assigned system(s) in a comprehensive manner. (EF)
- Provides contributions towards improvement of department scores for turnover/retention/employee engagement. (EF)
SERVICE - 20%
- Responds promptly and accurately to customer complaints, inquiries, and requests for information and coordinate appropriate follow-up calls and/or appointments. (EF)
- Schedules research subject appointments for tests and procedures, such as laboratory tests, x-rays, and other studies specific for the research protocol. (EF)
- Compiles patient information, process, document and enter accurate information in Source Documents, Case Report Forms, Electronic Data Capture portals and Clinical Trial Management System following established procedures. (EF)
QUALITY/SAFETY - 20%
- Maintains records for clinical study and regulatory documents. (EF)
- Under the direction of Research Nurse/Clinical Trial Manager/Physician, captures and reports Adverse Events (A/E) or Serious Adverse Events (SAE) to necessary regulatory authorities. (EF)
- Assists management with research records and regulatory maintenance. (EF)
FINANCE - 20%
- Uses resources efficiently; does not waste supplies. Evaluates and reports on inventory levels. Self-motivated to independently manage time effectively and prioritize daily tasks. (EF)
- Maintains inventory of supplies necessary for the study. (EF)
GROWTH/INNOVATION - 20%
- Maintains working knowledge of the research process and in the conduct of IRB approved research protocols. Follows International Conference on Harmonisation (ICH)/Good Clinical Practice (GCP) guidelines. (EF)
- Seeks opportunities to expand learning beyond baseline competencies with a focus on continual development. Completes and updates the My Development Plan on an on-going basis. (EF)
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
o Bachelor’s degree
o Two years’ experience
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
o Demonstrates the skills and competencies necessary to safely perform the assigned job, determined through on-going skills, competency assessments, and performance evaluations
o Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security
o Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles
o Sufficient in clinical and research data entry
o Capable of handling challenging/difficult situations
o Demonstrates sound judgment and executes analytical skills
Work Attire Yes/No
Business professional No
Other (dept approved) Yes
*Note that employees may be required to be on-call during emergencies (ie. Disaster, Severe Weather Event, etc) regardless of selection above.
May require travel within No
Houston Metropolitan area
May require travel outside No
of Houston Metropolitan area
**Travel specifications may vary by department.
Please note any other special considerations to this job: Patient care unit conditions,
Universal precautions required, significant potential for exposure to latex_ ________________________
Houston Methodist Academic Institute was formed to rapidly and efficiently translate discoveries made in the laboratory and the clinic into new diagnostics, therapies and treatments. The Research Institute was created in 2004 to provide the infrastructure and support for these endeavors and to house the technology and resources needed to make innovative breakthroughs in important areas of human disease. A 540,000-square-foot building dedicated to research and clinical trials, the Academic Institute houses over 2,110 credentialed researchers conducting 1,387 ongoing clinical protocols.
At Houston Methodist, Leading Medicine is more than a description of what we do; it's who we are. We take our responsibility as Houston's premier health care system seriously, and with a national reputation for excellence in patient care, innovation and research, we hold ourselves and the careers we build to a higher standard. Our culture is diverse, dynamic and challenging. We believe in our I Care Values and conduct ourselves with Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect for others and a commitment to Excellence. Discover the difference for yourself and join Houston Methodist.
You can click on the video links below to learn more!
· About Houston Methodist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClN3mmKT0EI
· Nursing at Houston Methodist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUfmVeansTo
· Houston - Best City to Live In: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzLQzGBjHJw