Senior Project Manager ( Fitout / Hotels ) - Military Veterans
at Parsons Corporation
Req #: R139367
- SA - Riyadh
Project Manager, Senior
- Acts as the Company representative with the client and selected subcontractors during the program execution.
- Negotiates changes to the scope of work with the client and key subcontractors.
- Markets and secures additional work with client. Responsible for following up on instructions and commitments associated with the project.
- May participate in negotiations with regulatory agencies and in public meetings in support of clients.
- Oversees establishment of Project Execution Plan, Health and Safety Plan, Quality Assurance/Quality Control Plan, and other documents as required.
- Establishes the program requirements for all areas of the project, and monitors the draft and final deliverables for adherence to these criteria.
- Responsible for the development and distribution of a one to two-page description of the project to all members of the project team for reference.
- Plans, directs, supervises, and controls the execution of all business, technical, fiscal, and administrative functions of the assigned project.
- Assigns responsibility for executing project plans to key subordinates after careful assessment of how to utilize their qualifications and strengths.
- Provides input to performance reviews and development plans for subordinates.
- Field responsibilities may include labor relations, local procurement and payroll operations, etc., if required.
- Mobilizes company resources, through liaison with support departments, other offices, or subsidiaries, to create project teams capable of completing effective, quality work.
- Discusses the qualifications required of the key project positions in specific detail with the profit center and department managers.
- Collaborates with the office facilities staff to address project space requirements.
- Works with other managers, project engineers, and discipline leads to develop budgets, schedules, and plans for the various elements of a project. Ensures that the project meets or exceeds goals established in these plans.
- Works with the key project individual to devise and execute actions plans to rectify potential cost overruns or delays, or to accommodate significant changes to the scope of work.
- Advises the client and company management of any such changes.
- The Project Manager is specifically responsible for maintaining current and timely change orders.
- Promotes technical and commercial excellence on the project through application of Quality Assurance processes.
- Monitors and reports to management on the progress of all project activity within the program, including significant milestones, and any conditions, which would affect project cost or schedule.
- Establishes weekly meeting to review project status and formulate action items.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- Supervision Received - Division Manager; Vice President
- Supervision Given - Project Engineers; project support staff
- Internal Contacts - All employees on project; other disciplines and departments
- External Contacts - Clients; Suppliers; Subcontractors; Government Agencies
Skills and Competencies
- Incumbent must meet Parsons’ project management certification requirements.
- Proven ability to perform in a management capacity, excellent written and oral communications skills, and a thorough knowledge of industry practices and regulations are also required.
- In addition, must be knowledgeable of current technology and how it can be effectively utilized on the project.
Education and Typical Experience
- Bachelor's Degree Engineering or related technical/business field
- 15+ years related work experience is required and
- previous project management experience on similar or related projects.
Licenses and Certifications
- Professional registration may also be required.
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:Not Applicable/NoneParsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran.
Riyadh, Riyadh Province
Founded in 1944, Parsons, an engineering, construction, technical, and management services firm with revenues of $2.7 billion in 2011, is 100% owned by the Employee Stock Ownership Trust. We conquer the toughest logistical challenges and deliver design/design-build, program/construction management, and other professional services packaged in innovative alternative delivery methods to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide. Parsons is a leader in many diversified markets with a focus on transportation, environmental/infrastructure, and defense/security.