Staff Systems Administrator - Military Veterans
at ManTech International Corporation
Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At ManTech International Corporation, you will help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement. ManTech is looking for a motivated, customer-oriented Staff Systems Administrator in support of a secure Windows based Information System in Springfield, VA.
The Systems Administrator, Staff will provide support to the implementation and maintenance of IT system infrastructure supporting sensitive operations related to national security.
We offer 10k sign-on bonus OR 10K Relocation assistance with outstanding benefit package
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Maintain/troubleshoot Windows servers and workstations, both on-site and remote
• Perform Windows system administrative support to include adding and removing users, installing software and monitoring systems
• Maintain domain controllers, file servers, application servers and other cloud resources
• Properly receive and triage customer incidents in the ticketing system
• Follow standard operating procedures to accurately log all tickets within the ticketing system
• Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques
• Properly escalate unresolved tickets to the next tier of support
• Engage with customers throughout the process and follow up to ensure proper incident closure
• Ensure quality and productivity standards are maintained while meeting customer timelines
• Assist in configuring baseline switches, routers and PCs being prepared for deployment
• Coordinate equipment preparation and shipping, confirm customer receipt, and validate inventories
• Perform remote site surveys and identify requirements for hardware and cabling
• Other duties as assigned
• 2+ years of related experience as a System Administrator or similar role
• DoD 8570 IAT Level II Certification required (Sec+, CCNA, GICSP, GSEC, CND, SSCP, CySA+)
• DoD 8570 Computing Environment certification within 6 months of hire
• Experience with network and patch management
• Knowledge of system security, data backup/recovery, and network monitoring
• Experience using Microsoft Office
• Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve issues to resolution
• Good customer interaction with a focus on positive service support
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Bachelor's Degree in a related scientific or technical discipline
• Experience deploying workstations
• Experience using ticketing systems such as Remedy or ServiceNow
• ITIL 4 Foundations certification
• Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
• Previous customer service experience
• Previous experience working with networks in secure environments
• Willingness to work occasional nights and weekends
Security Clearance Requirements:
• Top Secret clearance adjudicated within the last 6 years
• Willing to submit to a random CI polygraph.
Must be able to remain in a stationary position up to 75%
The person in this position frequently communicates with co-workers, management, and customers, which may involve delivering presentations. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office.
The person in this position will need to be able to operate a computer and other office productivity devices.
For all positions requiring access to technology/software source code that is subject to export control laws, employment with the company is contingent on either verifying U.S.-person status or obtaining any necessary license. The applicant will be required to answer certain questions for export control purposes, and that information will be reviewed by compliance personnel to ensure compliance with federal law. ManTech may choose not to apply for a license for such individuals whose access to export-controlled technology or software source code may require authorization and may decline to proceed with an applicant on that basis alone.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.
In business for more than half a century, ManTech has provided advanced mission-focused technology solutions and services for every branch of the federal government: Intelligence, Federal Civilian and Defense agencies.
We solve their toughest homeland and national security challenges – cost-efficiently, at speed, where our customers are – land, sea, air, space, cyberspace and everywhere in-between.
Learn why government depends on ManTech – where mission-driven teams and continuously-evolving technology solutions set the industry standard in full-spectrum Cyber, Mission and Enterprise IT, Cloud, Analytics, Automation and AI, Intelligent Systems Engineering and Data at the Edge.
At ManTech, nearly 50% of our employees are veterans. To us, it’s personal. We know you because we are you. And with today’s veterans being among the most sophisticated warriors that the nation has ever had, we want you to join our mission, join our family. ManTech provides mission-focused technology solutions and services for the U.S. defense, intelligence community and federal civilian agencies. We know the value that military service instilled in you and what only veterans can offer to our sophisticated workforce.