New Business Plan Illustration Specialist - Military Veterans
at Ascensus, Inc.
FuturePlan is the nation’s largest third-party administrator (TPA) of retirement plans, partnering with advisors in all 50 states. FuturePlan delivers the best of both worlds: high-touch personalized service from local TPAs backed by the strength and security of a large national firm, Ascensus. Our roots go back decades, with nearly 30 outstanding legacy firms now joined together to deliver unmatched levels of service, innovation and expertise to a fast-growing client base from coast to coast. The FuturePlan team includes more than 500 credentialed plan professionals, 60 actuaries, and one of the industry’s largest in-house ERISA teams. Learn more at FuturePlan.com.
Section 1: Position Summary
Assists with all aspects of the sales process from initial Opportunity set up and plan design creation through follow-up process, Service Agreements, and Welcome Calls. Provides a wide range of administrative support to the Sales and Marketing Group.
Section 2: Job Functions, Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for creating competitive retirement plan illustrations and proposals
- Assist sales team with tracking opportunities, scheduling prospect meetings, and onboarding meetings
- Build and develop relationships with partner firms, retirement wholesalers and advisors
- Gather and analyze prospect information necessary to create retirement proposals; can work on DC, DB, and CB plans
- Prepare competitive retirement proposal
- Assist Sales team with technical questions and sales strategies
- Train and answer general retirement questions from wholesalers, partners, and advisors
- Provide value added sales ideas and contribute to strategic planning process
- Collaborate with sales team and company leadership to execute strategies and meet corporate sales and revenue goals
- Prepare Service Agreements
- Track status of proposal work and follow up as needed to move projects forward timely
- Schedule and assist with preparation of client Welcome calls
- Assist conversion team with client onboarding
- Review and confirm completeness of employee census data
- Perform contribution calculations and compliance testing
- Analyze and choose best options to correct failed tests
- Ability to interpret plan document provisions and incorporate information into illustrations
- Recommend plan document amendments to facilitate new plan designs
- Work on larger, more complex illustrations, including clients with multiple DC plans and carve-outs (work on all size)
- Hands-on Cash Balance Plan experience, including performing 401(a)(26) and combo DC/CB nondiscrimination testing
- Perform estimates and plan design studies for complex combination 401(k)/Cash Balance plans with assistance
- Assist sales consultants with plan design issues
- Perform self-employment income compensation calculations
- Intermediate to advanced understanding of pension laws
- Perform technical research to answer questions as necessary
- Actively participate in ongoing retirement industry related education including pension law
- Back-up other Sales Specialists and other departments as requested
- Proactively participate in process improvement and innovation of current systems
- Assist with special projects as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- Our I-Client service philosophy and our Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day-to-day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
Section 3: Experience, Skills, Knowledge Requirements
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience with retirement administration, OR a related combination of education and experience.
- Sales experience a plus
- Team player with a positive, enthusiastic attitude and a strong desire to grow with the firm
- Passion for sales and a track-record of success in a sales-related position or comparable combination of education and experience
- Highly professional phone manner and excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills (Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and prioritize, detail-oriented and highly organized
- Experience using Sugar CRM or similar contact management database a plus but not essential
- Comfortable working with numbers
For virtual remote positions, we require an uninterrupted workspace during business hours and an internet work speed of 25 Mbps or better. If you are unsure of your internet speed before applying, please check with your service provider.
The national average salary range for this role is $48K-98K in base pay, exclusive of any bonuses and benefits. This base salary range represents the low and high end of the salary range for this position. Actual salary offered will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to location, experience, performance, and internal pay alignment. We do not anticipate that candidates hired will begin at the top of the range however, from time to time, it may occur on a case-by-case basis. Other rewards and benefits may include: 401(k) match, Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid-Time-Off, etc. For more information, please visit careers.ascensus.com/#Benefits.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
For all virtual remote positions, in order to ensure associates can effectively perform their job duties with no distractions, we require an uninterrupted virtual work space and there is also an expectation of family care being in place during business hours. Additionally, there is an internet work speed requirement of 25 MBps or better for individual use. If more than one person is utilizing the same internet connection in the same household or building, then a stronger connection is required. If you are unsure of your internet speed, please check with your service provider. Note: For call center roles specifically, it is a requirement to either hardwire your equipment directly to the internet router or ensure your workstation is in close proximity to the router. Please ensure that you are able to meet these expectations before applying.
At Ascensus, we aspire to make a difference for others. We are a technology-enabled services company that helps people save for retirement, education, and healthcare through our network of institutional, financial advisor, and state partners. Our culture is guided by sound principles, is committed to high standards, operates with transparency, and welcomes diversity—housed within our Core Values: People Matter. Quality First. Integrity Always.®
As a leading independent recordkeeping services partner, retirement plan third-party administrator, and government savings facilitator, we aim to hire associates who find pride in going to work every day knowing that they help more than 12 million people save for what matters.
Ascensus helps millions of people save for what matters—retirement, education, and healthcare. We’re also one of the savings plan industry’s leading providers of outsourced services. Our technology, market insights, and business knowledge enhance the growth and success of our partners, their clients, and savers. Ascensus is the largest independent recordkeeping services provider, third-party administrator, and government savings facilitator in the United States. For more information, visit ascensus.com.