Senior Manager, Global S&OP Business Process Engineer CoE/BPO - Military Veterans
at Beam Suntory Inc.
Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into the world's third largest leading premium spirits company ... where each employee is treated like family and trusted with legacy. With our greatest assets - our premium spirits and our people - we're driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Beam Suntory is a place where you can come Unleash your Spirit by making an impact each and every day.
Senior Manager, Global S&OP Business Process Engineer CoE/BPO
The following positionis open in Illinois , United States .
What makes this a great opportunity?
As a world leader in premium spirits, Beam Suntory inspires human connections. Consumers from all corners of the globe call for the company's brands, including the iconic Jim Beam and Maker's Mark Bourbon brands, Suntory Whisky Kakubin and Courvoisier Cognac, as well as world renowned premium brands including Knob Creek,Basil Hayden'sand Legent Bourbon; Yamazaki, Hakushu, Hibiki and Toki Japanese Whisky; Teacher's, Laphroaig and Bowmore Scotch Whisky; Canadian Club Whisky; Hornitos and Sauza Tequila; EFFEN, Haku and Pinnacle Vodka; and Sipsmith and Roku Gin.
Beam Suntory was created in 2014 by combining the world leader in bourbon and the pioneer in Japanese whisky to form a new company with a deep heritage, passion for quality, innovative spirit and vision of Growing for Good.Headquartered inChicago, Illinois, Beam Suntory is a subsidiary of Suntory Holdings Limited of Japan.Our culture is anchored deeply in a set of core values, including our East-Meets-West Culture, Yatte Minahare spirit, Giving Back to Society, Delighting Consumers, responsibly and Embracing Diversity & Inclusion.
Beam Suntory has committed to a 5-stage Global Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) Process to support the new Brand House Operating model. The S&OP Process is an enterprise-wide integrated business planning process (IBP) for Beam Suntory to manage the delivery of its business goals and commitments over the 3-year strategic planning process. The development of Beam Suntory's S&OP Process globally will require the implementation of a business transformation program. Beam Suntory's S&OP Process needs to evolve globally from the supply-chain focus of demand-supply join-up to a cross-functionally-aligned IBP process that consistently engages the key functions of Marketing, Sales, Supply Chain and Finance. The newly formed Global S&OP CoE/BPO function is essential to the development and implementation of the Global S&OP business transformation program. The Sr Manager, Global S&OP CoE/BPO - Business Process Engineer is a critical leadership role for this function.
The Sr Manager, Global S&OP CoE/BPO - Business Process Engineer is a manager-level position who will help to define, implement and continuously evolve the future-state processes and operating model of the Global integrated (cross-functional) business planning capability (IBP), including Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) and Sales & Operations Execution (S&OE) across all 5 stages of the process:
- Brand House Portfolio Reviews
- Demand Clinics & Demand Reviews
- Supply Reviews & Global Supply Review
- Integrated Reconciliation
- Executive Review
This position will be accountable for driving cross-functional adoption and continuous improvement enterprise-wide across the Global S&OP Program by leveraging best practices. This role will influence and facilitate key stakeholders across the globe by leveraging a detailed understanding of existing business processes to define the strategic transformation roadmap and implement improvement opportunities. Focus will be on furthering globalization and standardization in support of maintaining the design and integrity of the Global S&OP process. In addition, this position must be knowledgeable in the following:
- Portfolio Management Review process
- Demand Planning best practices and how they support S&OP and S&OE
- Supply Planning best practices and how they support S&OP and S&OE
- Familiarity with global platforms - ability to socialize the design and influence decision making
- Expertise in Business Process Optimization concepts and Agile methodology
The Sr Manager, Global S&OP CoE/BPO - Business Process Engineer will collaborate with the S&OP Leadership, as well as key Marketing & Commercial Sales leaders in the BUs, Operating Unit leaders across Supply Chain, and both Global and Regional Finance leaders to define and manage the implementation of the business transformation program specific to Global S&OP and S&OE. This position will have shared goals, business metrics and KPIs with the S&OP Leadership in all regions. These goals, business metrics and KPIs will be defined in the agreed-to Global S&OP Process transformation roadmap.
Key responsibilities include the following:
Global S&OP Transformation Roadmap: Supporting the multi-year transformation roadmap in collaboration with S&OP Leadership across the regions. Building organizational influence & driving adoption thru a demonstrated understanding of S&OP and S&OE process best practices.
- Develop & maintain effective partnerships with globally dispersed business subject matter experts (SMEs) to understand & document current business process steps and data flows (including key steps, inputs, outputs, resources, & applications) - prepare and facilitate workshops, synthesizing information using analytical frameworks to identify, prioritize, structure, and solve complex business problems
- Proactively identify & document opportunities for process improvements and steps to achieve in support of successful implementation and adoption of the global standard by their business - interpret how to apply future global standards in context of current operations
- Assess & document cross-functional impact analysis & future state process maps - communicate and coordinate any activities needed by businesses already using the global template
- Provide business process support to existing users during cutover as new sites go-live on enterprise processes
- Drive alignment, acceptance, and adoption of enterprise-wide solutions within respective process area as well as up/down-stream process areas
- Work with stakeholders to ensure project risks are proactively mitigated, benefits are validated, and projects objectives / results are achieved
- Assist is development of stakeholder reviews to enable rapid deployment of process changes
Continuous Improvement: Leveraging business metrics and KPIs to define improvement opportunities. Support the development of the business case required for project approval, which will include IT and resource investments.
- Work collectively with Business Owners where KPIs and data trends indicate process improvement opportunities and provide leadership with recommendations to improve operations
- Assist stakeholders build consistent and robust business cases for changes and measures business results, as needed
- Support process & system governance activities, including reviewing process design changes and serving as an escalation point for items related to key requirements of the business - ensure integrity of the global template is upheld across process areas
- Develop, maintain, & deliver process documentation, work instructions and other tools to support business execution by process owners
- Leverage expertise to develop and evolve a global capability matrix that supports the Global S&OP transformational roadmap
Best Practices & External Benchmarking: Developing and leveraging a professional network to identify best practices as an essential approach to continuously improve Beam Suntory's S&OP and S&OE capabilities globally. Assess Beam Suntory's capabilities against external benchmarks as a critical input to drive continuous improvement.
This position will report to the Sr. Director, Global S&OP COE/BPO.
This position will work directly with Global and Regional S&OP Leaders on the management of the projects defined in the Global S&OP process transformation roadmap as well as the assessment of continuous improvement opportunities.
- Demand Planning S&OP Leaders across all 3 regions (NA, Intl, & Asia)
- Global Commercialization
- Global and Regional Finance Leaders
- Regional and BU Marketing & Commercial Sales Leaders
- Regional and OU Supply Chain Leaders
- Global Production Planning & Materials
- Regional and BU HR Leaders
- IT Leaders for Finance and Marketing & Commercial Sales
Qualifications & Experience
- 8+ years of demonstrated operational performance in leading continuous improvement initiatives and business transformation within Integrated Business Planning (IBP), S&OP, S&OE and/or Supply Chain for a CPG or Spirits company
- Strong knowledge of S&OP and S&OE best practices and proven application of these practices across all 5 stages
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and work effectively with cross-functional teams at any level of the organization to achieve results
- Knowledge of how to analyze data trends and present findings in an easily understandable manner to drive decisions based on audience - demonstrated flexibility in easily moving between strategic thinking and tactical execution
- Comfortable navigating high change, unstructured environments that require creative approaches to influence and negotiate a broad base of cross-functional stakeholders and peers with varying stakeholder needs and competing priorities
- Experience with process improvement techniques (Lean, TQM or other), process digitization, data management and agile systems implementations; BPM certification preferred
- Strong familiarity with change management principles
- Ability to recognize and diagnose obstacles to performance and productivity
- Demonstrated focus on team goals vs individual accomplishments - "we over me"
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly collaborative and development of business partnerships
- Strong verbal and written communications
- Highly effective conflict resolution
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional facilitation skills
- Advanced skills in Visio, PowerPoint, Excel
- Experience with systems such as SAP ECC, SAP APO, and SAP IBP preferred
- Master's degree in Operations Research or Business Administration preferred
At Beam Suntory, people are our number one priority, and we believe our people grow together in diverse and inclusive environments where their unique insights, experiences and backgrounds are valued and respected. Beam Suntory is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, military veteran status and all other characteristics, attributes or choices protected by law. All recruitment and hiring decisions are based on an applicant's skills and experience.
Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into one of the world's leading premium spirits companies where each employee is trusted with a legacy. With our greatest assets – our brands and our people – we're driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and entrepreneurial spirit.
Come inside and see what we're all about.