Pest Control Technician (Will Train) - Military Veterans
at Rollins, Inc.
Western Pest Services is a premier provider of pest control solutions. Western Pest Services protects more than just homes and business in our area. The homeowners know us as the local brand to get the job done and businesses know us as the local brand that will protect their brand. Getting the job done with great services is what we are all about. Internally, we work to keep our work family safe, to provide them with the tools to help them grown, and to keep it fun. Established in 1928, we have a legacy of excellence and the stability of an industry leader.
We are currently seeking a Pest Control Technician.
- Competitive Compensation!
- Comprehensive benefit package: medical, dental, vision, 401K with company match, stock purchase, tuition reimbursement, and more!
- Paid Time Off (Holiday/Vacation/Sick)
- Award-winning Company Paid Training!
- Company Vehicle & Gas Card
- Company pays for your State Pesticide License
- Smartphone, Equipment, etc.
- Opportunities for growth, development, and advancement through an actual growth
- Awards and recognition
If you are a positive professional who enjoys making personal connections with your customers, independence, having fun, and keeping homeowners and businesses in our area safe and healthy, then this is the job for you.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Complete our industry-leading, company paid two-month training
- Help either/both residential or commercial customers with their pest control issues
- Survey attics, crawlspaces, and the interiors and exteriors of homes or businesses in our area
- Inspect property for wildlife and rodent damage and perform light carpentry work related to animal exclusion
- Set baits and live traps to capture wildlife and removal of wildlife
- Must be comfortable utilizing large ladders and lifts (up to 40- 60 feet)
- Inspect, maintain, and utilize Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) properly
- Perform air sealing and install blown-in cellulose, fiberglass, and spray foam insulation systems
- Conduct blower door tests and install proper equipment to ensure attics/garages/roofs are airtight
What We’re Looking For:
- Someone with a positive attitude who enjoys independence, building relationships, having fun, and keeping your community safe and healthy
- You relate well to all kinds of people, and you will treat them with dignity and respect
- You can explain things easily in ways that people can understand, and you are always putting the customer first
- You are also someone that cares about their community, and you want to work for a company that does, too
- High School/GED or better
- Valid Driver’s license
- Must be 18 years of age
Physical Demands / Working Environment:
We require a good driving record, the ability to pass a drug screen/physical and pass background check/screen. Candidates must meet physical job requirements and safely perform the following job duties with or without accommodations as well as the ability to obtain the appropriate pesticide license within the first 90 days of employment (company paid):
- Safely use a ladder or lift within the manufacturer's weight capacity
- Lift and carry up to 75 lbs.
- Safely access crawl spaces, attics, confined spaces, roof tops, etc.
- Comfortable utilizing carpentry tools
- Ability to work in all types of weather conditions
Salary Range: $17.00 - $30.00 per hour
Western Pest Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Rollins, Inc. is a premier North American consumer and commercial services company. Through its famous brands like Orkin, LLC., HomeTeam Pest Defense, Western Pest Services, Orkin Canada, The Industrial Fumigant Company, Waltham Services LLC., Crane Pest Control and TruTech LLC., the company provides essential pest control services and protection against termite damage, rodents and insects to more than 2 million customers in the United States, Canada, Central America, South America, the Caribbean, the Middle East, Asia, the Mediterranean, Europe, Africa and Mexico from more than 500 locations.
Through formalized training, proven policy and procedures, and sound ethical practices, The Company's employees have been able to grow the business over more than a century from a one-man operation to what the Company is today. Our culture is evident and reinforced in many respects, one of which includes an anonymous hotline dedicated to solicit employees' concerns when they feel that our values are being threatened. Additionally, the Company has had a business ethic confirmation policy for several years requiring formal management acknowledgement of adherence to our procedures and value system.
We are proud of our culture and values and feel that they are the foundation that helps sustain our Company.
As the Company moves forward in the 21st Century, we are constantly challenged to make innovations to improve our sales and service programs through new technologies and processes. We view these as opportunities to increase shareholder value by building recurring revenue and realizing cost efficiencies where appropriate. As a company, we remain committed to providing our customers with the most extraordinary pest and termite control service available today.
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Paternity Leave
- Custom Work Station
- Disability Insurance
- Gym/ Wellness Reimbursement
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Maternity Leave
- Paid Time Off
- Sick Leave
- On Site Gym/ Fitness Classes, Clinic (Site Dependent)
What Happens After I Apply?
Once you click ‘Apply Now’ on a job posting, you will either be re-directed to fill out an application on the associated careers page or be given a confirmation of submission. If you get redirected, please complete the application on the career page and make sure you have an updated resume uploaded to your RecruitMilitary profile. Once they have reviewed your resume and profile, a recruiter will reach out to provide you with more information and to schedule you for an interview.
How to Win An Interview
1. Review the job description for the specific position you are applying for.
2. Review the company website. Know their mission and values. What do they do? What are their products?
3. Prepare a few questions to ask on your interview.
4. Prepare to discuss your military or civilian background and how it relates to the position.
5. Check out the RecruitMilitary Resources tab for resume guidance, interview prep and more!