Actuarial Consultant - Military Veterans
at Ascensus, Inc.
Nyhart, now part of FuturePlan by Ascensus®, is an award-winning consulting, actuarial, and administration services company. We’re dedicated to maximizing the potential of our human resources and are committed to recruiting, developing, rewarding, and retaining a workforce that delivers quality customer service to over 2,000 clients in all 50 states.
Nyhart, part of FuturePlan by Ascensus, is an award-winning firm that provides nationwide consulting, actuarial, and administrative services.
We are seeking an ambitious and experienced Pension Actuarial Consultant to assist in the growth and development of Nyhart’s Pension Actuarial Consulting business. This position serves a critical role at Nyhart, taking responsibility for the relationship and overall service we provide to clients. This is a remote position with a preference that the associate be in the Chicago area.
- Provide expertise and consulting with the design, management, administration, and communication of retirement plans for our client base of private, public, and church plans
- Supervise and review client projects such as funding valuations, plan design, government filings, benefit calculations, etc.
- Help to identify and develop new business through excellent customer service, networking with other professionals, and being active in related organizations
The Consultant will also be instrumental in the growth and development of Actuarial Analysts.
- Serve as technical expert and promote sound actuarial practices
- Provide direction and training, including assigning, directing, and evaluating work
- Encourage a collaborate team environment that values knowledge and idea sharing
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Math, Actuarial Science, Economics, or related field
- 10+ years pension-related consulting experience
- ASA/EA required, FSA preferred
- Proven client management sills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Superior analytical ability
- Strong presentation skills
For all virtual remote positions, in order to ensure associates can effectively perform their job duties with no distractions, we require an uninterrupted virtual work space and there is also an expectation of family care being in place during business hours. Additionally, there is an internet work speed requirement of 25 MBps or better for individual use. If more than one person is utilizing the same internet connection in the same household or building, then a stronger connection is required. If you are unsure of your internet speed, please check with your service provider. Note: For call center roles specifically, it is a requirement to either hardwire your equipment directly to the internet router or ensure your workstation is in close proximity to the router. Please ensure that you are able to meet these expectations before applying.
At Ascensus, we aspire to make a difference for others. We are a technology-enabled services company that helps people save for retirement, education, and healthcare through our network of institutional, financial advisor, and state partners. Our culture is guided by sound principles, is committed to high standards, operates with transparency, and welcomes diversity—housed within our Core Values: People Matter. Quality First. Integrity Always.®
As a leading independent recordkeeping services partner, retirement plan third-party administrator, and government savings facilitator, we aim to hire associates who find pride in going to work every day knowing that they help more than 12 million people save for what matters.
Ascensus helps millions of people save for what matters—retirement, education, and healthcare. We’re also one of the savings plan industry’s leading providers of outsourced services. Our technology, market insights, and business knowledge enhance the growth and success of our partners, their clients, and savers. Ascensus is the largest independent recordkeeping services provider, third-party administrator, and government savings facilitator in the United States. For more information, visit ascensus.com.