EV Cost Engineer/Performance Analyst , TS/SCI with Poly - Military Veterans
at General Dynamics
Responsibilities for this Position
Location: USA VA Chantilly - 14700 Lee Rd (VAS100)
Full Part/Time: Full time
Job Req: RQ143681
Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Top Secret SCI + Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Top Secret SCI + Polygraph
Public Trust/Other Required:
Cost Management, Deltek Cobra, Earned Value Management (EVM)
7 + years of related experience
US Citizenship Required:
At GDIT, people are our differentiator at GDIT. Currently, we are seeking an innovative EV Cost Engineer to orchestrate the oversight and development of Earned Value Management (EVM) training courses and the presentation of classroom instruction. The successful candidate will manage efforts related to cost tracking and performance forecasting systems, tools, and reports. The Cost Engineer will make available technical direction to project assigned Project Controls personnel and interface with the Project Manager for reporting oversight and consistent application of processes and procedures. Additionally, the Cost Engineer will develop special studies and perform additional support as directed by the Project Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates and interfaces with other project team members; Engineering, Finance, Procurement, IT Support and Contracts to ensure compliance with execution strategy and objectives.
- Routinely evaluates status and facilitates the advancement of systems and tools in support of best practices within the industry. --
- Supply status information and related analysis to the Project Manager.
- Interface with consultants, contractors, and other outside personnel.
- Collaborate with the Project Manager to implement standardized Project Controls tools, procedures, and processes,
- Enters and analyzes data, and provides output to the project team leader.
- Serves as Project Controls focal point with all Client communications.
- Provide day-to-day supervision to assigned Project Controls personnel.
- Knowledge and experience working with Sub-contractors with flow down requirements coordinating their information is received on schedule and flows into GDIT's EVM system appropriately.
- Familiarity with streamline project management toolsets to include: forProject EVM, Deltek Cobra, MPM, wInsight, OPP, IMICS, MPM, Dekker Trakker, Decision Edge, Cost Manager and Costpoint; Microsoft Project, Primavera and Enterprise Server Applications.
- Experience with information systems, information technology and relational database applications such as: Oracle, MS SQL, MS Access Database, and COGNOS Report Writing capability.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 5 years of professional experience implementing and utilizing EVM practices and procedures in the federal government.
- Required Experience: 7+ years of related project controls experience and experience scheduling on contracts with EIA-748 EVMS requirements.
- Required Technical Skills: expert level skills with Deltek Cobra or forProject EVM
- Required Skills and Abilities: This person has excellent oral and written communication skills
- Preferred Skills: MS PowerApps, SSI Tools, wInsight, IPMDAR Empower Analytics audit tool.
Clearance Level Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Desired: NRO experience
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE:
- 401K with company match
- Comprehensive health and wellness packages
- Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
- Professional growth opportunities including education and certifications
- Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
- Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
USA VA Chantilly
Additional Work Locations:
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
General Dynamics is a global aerospace and defense company.
Our portfolio spans the realm of the world's most technologically advanced business jets, wheeled combat vehicles, command and control systems and nuclear submarines. We offer these through our five business groups: Aerospace, Combat Systems, Information Technology, Mission Systems and Marine Systems.
General Dynamics employs thousands of people across the globe, with locations in more than 45 countries. We rely on the skills of our employees and their knowledge of customer requirements to deliver best-in-class products and services.
Who We Are Looking For
General Dynamics is seeking military veterans and military spouses across the country who bring a deeply rooted skillset that includes team-oriented approaches to problem-solving, demonstrations of leadership and an overall commitment to the mission of the organization. We recognize the knowledge and skills gained during your military experience are invaluable to the success of a team. We’re proud of the thousands of veterans and military professionals who have chosen to apply their leadership, teamwork and problem-solving skills to a career at General Dynamics and to continue supporting the mission of those serving today.
Should I Apply?
At General Dynamics, our employees are the heart of our company. We rely on their dedication to excellence and their intimate knowledge of customer requirements to meet the needs of customers around the globe, day in and day out. Our employees' unique blend of skill, innovation and agility drives our continued success, and we take our responsibility to them seriously. If you are a military veteran or military spouse ready to advance your career, view our available career opportunities to the right for more information and to apply today!
What Happens After I Apply?
Once you click ‘Apply Now’ on a General Dynamics posting, you will be re-directed to fill out an application on General Dynamics career page. In order to be considered for next steps, please complete the application on General Dynamics career page and make sure you have an updated resume uploaded to your RecruitMilitary profile. Once General Dynamics reviews your resume and profile, a recruiter will reach out to provide you with more information and to schedule you for an interview.
How to Win An Interview
1. Review the job description for the specific position you are applying for.
2. Review the company website. Know their mission and values. What do they do? What are their products?
3. Prepare a few questions to ask on your interview.
4. Prepare to discuss your military or civilian background and how it relates to the position.
5. Check out the RecruitMilitary Resources tab for resume guidance, interview prep and more!