Subcontracts Administrator Advisor - Military Veterans
at General Dynamics
Responsibilities for this Position
Location: USA VA Herndon - 13857 Mclearen Road (VAS091)
Full Part/Time: Full time
Job Req: RQ143721
Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Public Trust/Other Required:
FAR, Microsoft Office, Subcontract Negotiation, Subcontracts Administration
10 + years of related experience
US Citizenship Required:
Seize your opportunity to make a personal impact as a Subcontracts Administrator Advisor with GDIT. GDIT is your place to make meaningful contributions to challenging projects and grow a rewarding career.
As a Subcontracts Administrator Advisor, you will support the business strategy that helps ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter.
HOW A SENIOR SUBCONTRACTS MANAGER WILL MAKE AN IMPACT:
- Develops, negotiates and administers assigned NDAs, TAs, Subcontracts, and other related agreements in accordance with client requirements and GDIT policies and procedures
- Leads the subcontract capture process which includes pricing and scheduling strategy, communicating with the subcontractor teammates regarding data calls, assessing the responses received, and coordinating communications between subcontract stakeholders
- Ensures timely processing of subcontract negotiations for fair and reasonable pricing as well as terms and conditions with assistance from management and input from relevant stakeholders
- Creates and maintains compliant audit files in accordance with customer requirements and GDIT policies and procedures
- Participates in problem resolution related to subcontract requirements by providing advice based on subcontract interpretation
- Serves as liaison and facilitator between the relevant subcontract stakeholders
- Coordinates with program managers and all matrixed organizations to ensure subcontract requirements are fulfilled
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced subcontract administrators, and may have supervisory responsibilities
- Creates and reviews subcontract team files for audit compliance with customer and corporate policies
- Maintains heightened knowledge of relevant subcontract procedures and practices
- Participates and offers opinions on proposal and program strategy
- Initiates and maintains an extensive network of communication with industry peers
- Manages special projects as required
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
- Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree with 8 years of related experience in subcontracts administration. In lieu of degree, 12 years of related experience in subcontracts administration required.
- Required Technical Skills: Intermediate to advanced skill level with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio) and SharePoint
- Required Skills and Abilities: Extensive knowledge of the practices, procedures, and processes involved in subcontract administration. Extensive knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, terms, conditions, and policies governing assigned subcontracts, including FAR, DFAR, and CAS. Extensive administrative and organizational skills. Effective communication skills. Ability to operate and negotiate independently. Developing effective research and presentation techniques. Effective problem-solving skills.
- Clearance: None
- Location: Hybrid position working between Herndon, VA office and home office
WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU:
- Telecommuting options
- Flexible work schedule
- Working in a Team environment and independently
- Supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country
- Vertical and horizontal mobility across GDIT to develop your career
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Less than 10%
USA VA Herndon - 13857 Mclearen Road (VAS091)
Additional Work Locations:
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
General Dynamics is a global aerospace and defense company.
Our portfolio spans the realm of the world's most technologically advanced business jets, wheeled combat vehicles, command and control systems and nuclear submarines. We offer these through our five business groups: Aerospace, Combat Systems, Information Technology, Mission Systems and Marine Systems.
General Dynamics employs thousands of people across the globe, with locations in more than 45 countries. We rely on the skills of our employees and their knowledge of customer requirements to deliver best-in-class products and services.
Who We Are Looking For
General Dynamics is seeking military veterans and military spouses across the country who bring a deeply rooted skillset that includes team-oriented approaches to problem-solving, demonstrations of leadership and an overall commitment to the mission of the organization. We recognize the knowledge and skills gained during your military experience are invaluable to the success of a team. We’re proud of the thousands of veterans and military professionals who have chosen to apply their leadership, teamwork and problem-solving skills to a career at General Dynamics and to continue supporting the mission of those serving today.
Should I Apply?
At General Dynamics, our employees are the heart of our company. We rely on their dedication to excellence and their intimate knowledge of customer requirements to meet the needs of customers around the globe, day in and day out. Our employees' unique blend of skill, innovation and agility drives our continued success, and we take our responsibility to them seriously. If you are a military veteran or military spouse ready to advance your career, view our available career opportunities to the right for more information and to apply today!
What Happens After I Apply?
Once you click ‘Apply Now’ on a General Dynamics posting, you will be re-directed to fill out an application on General Dynamics career page. In order to be considered for next steps, please complete the application on General Dynamics career page and make sure you have an updated resume uploaded to your RecruitMilitary profile. Once General Dynamics reviews your resume and profile, a recruiter will reach out to provide you with more information and to schedule you for an interview.
How to Win An Interview
1. Review the job description for the specific position you are applying for.
2. Review the company website. Know their mission and values. What do they do? What are their products?
3. Prepare a few questions to ask on your interview.
4. Prepare to discuss your military or civilian background and how it relates to the position.
5. Check out the RecruitMilitary Resources tab for resume guidance, interview prep and more!