Senior Director, Store Planning, Fixture Design and Purchasing - Military Veterans
at Ross Stores, Inc.
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc., where our differences make us stronger… At Ross and dd’s, inclusion is a way of life. We care about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and inclusion journey!GENERAL PURPOSE:
The Senior Director of Store Planning, Fixture Design and Purchasing is responsible for leading the drawing and executive signoff of final store plans for new store openings and capital projects in existing stores, in partnership with Real Estate, Construction, and stakeholders across Store Operations and Loss Prevention. This role develops, maintains, and interprets the company's prototype store design and specifications, including the research, design, sourcing, development, testing, rollout, purchasing and inventory management of store fixtures for new store openings and capital projects. The Senior Director will demonstrate effective strategic planning and project management, vendor and contract management, budgeting and forecasting, process management and cost control, problem solving, and executive level communications, working closely with GVP, SVP, EVP level leaders in Store Operations. This role will lead a large team and have Directors and Senior Managers as direct reports.
The base salary range for this role is $143,500 - $270,100. The base salary range is dependent on factors including, but not limited to, experience, skills, qualifications, relevant education, certifications, seniority, and location. The range listed is just one component of the total compensation package for employees. Other rewards vary by position and location.
- Leads and develops a team of high performing associates with a focus on planning, design, execution, project management, problem solving, and process management.
- Ensures an ongoing focus on improving processes and tools to ensure all projects are completed on-time, on-budget and with high quality; consistently prioritizes work and maintains a high degree of flexibility to maximize productivity and results.
- Partners and influences in collaboration with Real Estate, Construction, and stakeholders across Store Operations and Loss Prevention, to draw store plans aligned to prototype and achieve executive signoff on time on budget with high accuracy.
- Is the lead partner for senior executives (GVP/SVP/EVP) on store planning and fixture design and purchasing activities and troubleshooting. In this role is the first responder and primary source of communication and executive updates for their purview.
- Sources, maintains, and optimizes a portfolio of store fixture vendors, and ensures there is sufficient inventory on hand and on order to execute new store openings, capital projects, and approved ad hoc requests, on time, on budget, with high accuracy. Responsible for all contracts, pricing, and performance management.
- Owns and maintains expense and capital budgets associated with store fixtures. Ensures all expenditures and forecasts are accurate and aligned with Company policies and procedures. Supports annual Capital planning.
- Support other activities in Store Operations as required.
- Problem Solving
- Manages and Measures Work
- Process Management
- Develop Teams
- Communication and Collaboration
- Organizational Agility
- Deals with Ambiguity
- Strategic Agility
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- BA/BS required; MBA preferred
- 5-7 years of Store Operations experience; experience leading complex retail projects is preferred
- 5-7 years leading teams in corporate setting
- 5-7 years in retail architecture and/or fixture design is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to manage vendor contracts and relationships, line-item bids, commitment letters, negotiations, and all other administrative processes required to design, source, develop, and purchase store fixtures
- Proficiency in MS PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Project
- Travel to vendors and stores as required
This role requires regular in-office presence, including to engage in in-person team interaction, meetings and collaboration, client support, mentoring, coaching, and/or feedback. This position requires the ability to use a computer, work as part of a team, and the ability to communicate with team members and others. However, this role can perform duties effectively using a combination of in-office and remote work. #LI-Hybrid
Leads a team of Directors and Senior Managers
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management's discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company's overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.
At Ross Stores, we’ve found that transitioning service members, veterans and military spouses are a great fit for our culture and have the qualities we seek in our Associates. We offer many points of entry, across our entire organization, depending on your service, experience, and interests. We’ll give you a career, a challenge, and a place to call home.
Veterans are comfortable with a culture that focuses on leadership, execution and problem solving, as well as our commitment to providing actionable feedback.
We offer a similar experience to the structure of the military, with an emphasis on control, policy and protocol.
Like the military, we offer many training opportunities through our targeted learning programs and on-the-job training.
We offer the flexibility to control your career by relocating across our many locations for new opportunities.
Our organization is expanding rapidly, which creates many opportunities for individuals who have the desire to grow their career with us.
Whether in one of our Distribution Centers, Stores, Buying Offices or Corporate office, you will find yourself amongst peers that include other veterans and military spouses.