Associate Software Engineer III - Military Veterans
at Penske Truck Leasing
Associate Software Engineer III (Job Number: 2306014 )
Most people know us for our big yellow trucks. But we’re so much more than that. At Penske we have a 50-plus year history of leading the transportation and supply-chain industry, delivering world-class and award-winning technology solutions and the key to our success is our people.
We are experiencing rapid business growth and have continuously added to IT teams across the organization to keep up with this expansion and we are hiring immediately for full-time, long-term roles. At Penske you will ensure our technology solutions keep our company and our customers moving forward.
What You Will Be Doing:
As an Associate Software Engineer III, you will be part of a team that develops our next generation of applications while enhancing and supporting our existing applications. You will be involved in reviewing, interpreting & developing systems in accordance with user requirements & troubleshooting issues as they occur. Working with the business and other software engineers/leads, you will develop an understanding of the requirements and translate them into technical design to develop and implement the solution. You will also collaborate with engineers and architects to ensure optimization, offering your input into the requirements and potential alternative courses of action.
* Participate in all aspects of the Software Development lifecycle through supporting existing software development efforts and developing new software modules
* Develop, maintain, test, analyze performance and troubleshoot applications
* Produce deliverables with clean, well-documented and easily maintainable code that adheres to defined coding standards and best practices
* Participate in designing backend database schemas, using concepts such as Database Normalization and write complex SQL statements
* Understand requirements, translate it to technical design & develop the related components/modules.
* Write unit / UI tests to help identify defects
* Implement software for applications and related technology, with minimum oversight
* Analyze project specifications, software requirements specifications, and software prototypes and build test plans and test cases based on the analysis
* Other projects as assigned
* 2-4 years of professional experience in Java
* Understanding of the full software development lifecycle
* Knowledge of appropriate design frameworks and patterns
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Knowledge of relational database design and writing SQL
* Ability to work independently and in a team environment
* A team player mindset with an ability to thrive and effectively communicate in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
* Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
* Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required
Additional Qualifications Are A Plus
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or equivalent years of software development experience
* Splunk or other log analyzers and logging frameworks
* Experience with Agile Methodology
* Experience with GIT
* Experience with JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, and Maven
* Experience with Swagger/OpenAPI
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Work Locations :
100 Gundy Drive
100 Gundy Drive
Reading, PA 19607
Primary Location : United States-Pennsylvania-Reading
Job : Information Technology
Penske Oracle Job (US & CA only do not edit): : PTL.Associate Software Engineer III
Req ID: 2306014
Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing is a Penske Transportation Solutions company headquarterd in Reading, Pennsylvania. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske Truck Leasing operates 417,000+ vehicles and serves customers from more than 1,300 locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia and Asia. Product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.pensketruckleasing.com to learn more.
Penske is great place to launch or continue your career. We are a dynamic growth company with a 50-plus year history of success that is built upon a foundation of taking great care of our customers, a dedication to excellence in all we do every day and tapping innovative ideas from our associates to drive success for our customers and our own businesses.
Penske offers a wide variety of transportation products and services ranging from full-service truck leasing and fleet maintenance, truck rental, used truck sales, and global supply chain and logistics solutions. Visit www.gopenske.com for more details.
Our company makes headlines regularly around the globe. Keep up with the latest news and information from Penske by visiting our newsroom.
Here, we support our country’s servicemen and women by offering a military discount on truck rentals at more than 2,400 convenient locations. But, it doesn’t stop there. We realize America’s veterans possess the unique skills and strong work ethic that lead to success. That’s why we make it our mission to hire thousands of veterans for the amazing career opportunities we offer. Consider a career with us. We’re always looking for veterans, like you, to join our team in a variety of roles, including as diesel technicians where you’ll use today’s cutting-edge technologies to take care of our customers – from individual consumers to some of the world’s leading companies. That’s not all. You could also join our team as a professional truck driver, fleet maintenance supervisor, operations management, as well as in logistics and supply chain operations. We’re proud of our commitment to hiring veterans and active Guard and Reserve personnel and have received numerous awards for our support.