Respiratory Therapist (On Call/Per Diem) - Military Veterans
Job Summary (External):
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Apria Healthcare’s mission is to improve the quality of life for our patients at home. We are looking for empathetic, thoughtful, and compassionate people, to meet the needs of our patients. Already an industry leader in healthcare services, we provide home respiratory services and select medical equipment to help our patients sleep better, breathe better, heal faster, and thrive longer.
Assists in the treatment and management of patients with clinical needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides instruction to patients and/or caregivers on the proper use of equipment and/or respiratory care procedures.
- Ensures patients and/or caregivers can effectively operate and maintain equipment. Performs clinical assessments and tests such as pulse oximetry, ETCO2, spirometry, and vital signs.
- Responsible for routine patient follow-up contacts based on individual needs.
- May need to perform on-call duties as needed.
- Provides and operates various types of respiratory care equipment including but not limited to oxygen therapy, nebulization therapy, apnea monitoring, suctioning, PAP, invasive and non-invasive ventilation.
- Inspects and tests equipment to ensure proper operating condition.
- Prepares and maintains a record for each patient containing all pertinent information, care plans, physician prescriptions and follow-up documentation.
- Responsible for accurate data entry on monitoring websites for certain respiratory equipment
- Consults with referring physician regarding patient treatment, medical condition, home environment, and Plan of Care.
- Participates in ongoing education and training sessions regarding respiratory patient care.
- Assist with patient scheduling as needed.
- May assist with RT Telehealth duties as needed.
- Performs other duties as required.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Meets company minimum standard of Background Check
Education and/or Experience
- Graduate of an accredited program for respiratory therapy is required.
- At least one year related experience is preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
- Must possess a valid and current driver’s license and auto insurance per Apria policy. Will be required to drive personal vehicle for patient home visits.
- Registration or certification by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC).
- Hold a current RCP license in the state of practice (or states that the location covers) if that state requires an RCP license to allow the practice of respiratory therapy.
- Hold a current CPR Certification.
- Hold all applicable licensure in good standing for all states of practice.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Ability to multi-task effectively.
- Ability to communicate effectively in person, on the phone and electronically
- Successful completion of Apria's respiratory therapy orientation and competency evaluation program.
- Ability to use electronic hand held device
- Microsoft Office programs
- Basic printing/faxing/scanning
- English (reading, writing, verbal)
- Bilingual (reading, writing, verbal)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee uses his/her hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. The employee uses computer and telephone equipment. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision and distance vision. Must be able to travel by plane and automobile (if applicable). Possible lifting of equipment up to 50 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is required to safely operate a motor vehicle during the day and night and in a wide range of weather and traffic conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is varies based on the locations or activities proximate to which can range from low to high.
- There is moderate exposure to dust, fume, mists and odors.
- Temperature ranges from normal indoor climate-controlled environment in buildings or vehicles and various outdoor conditions and temperature extremes encountered throughout the year in a variety of US states.
- General lighting is generally provided via florescent lighting indoors, and natural lighting outdoors, and low light conditions consistent with outdoor and/or night working environment.
- During off site travel events the employee may be exposed to higher noise levels requiring the use of hearing protection, with moderate potential exposure to moderate dust, chemicals, fumes and odors, as well as cryogenic and cleaning agents.
- During off site travel events the employee may be required to ride in company delivery vehicles and accompany employees on deliveries and enter into patient homes.
- May be required to receive vaccinations and participate in medical assessments and testing consistent with the work environment or patients exposed to.
- Will be required to wear various personal protective equipment consistent with the hazards encountered in this role.
- Will be required to use hand tools for assembly and repair, material handling equipment, cutting, carrying devices, cleanup kits or equipment.
- May be required to work with cryogenic fluids requiring special precautions and PPE.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described above are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Apria Healthcare is committed to hiring veterans and military spouses.
Comprehensive benefits package offered for eligible employees:
- Competitive salary
- Ability to have early access to earned wages
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Accounts and Healthcare Savings Accounts
- Life, AD&D and Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off, including Vacation, Personal Time, Paid Sick Leave & Paid Holidays
- 401K Savings Plan (available immediately)
- Educational Assistance
- Employee Referral Reward Program
- Employee Discount Programs
- Company Paid Employee Assistance Plan (available immediately)
- We recognize our veterans by offering a company paid day off for Veterans Day
- Career Advancement/ Development Opportunities
As an EOE/AA employer, Apria Healthcare is committed to providing all applicants and employees with equal access to employment opportunities, regardless of sex, race, age, color, national origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Apria Healthcare shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. AA/EOE, M/F/Disability and Vet
Designing better ways to work through cutting-edge products, premium services and exceptional experiences that enable people to reach their full potential. HR, Talent, Time Management, Benefits and Payroll. Informed by data and designed for people.
ADP hires in over 26 countries around the world for a variety of amazing careers. We’re reimagining what it means to work, and doing so in profound ways. At ADP, we say that we’re Always Designing for People, starting with our own.