Senior Manager, Learning & Development - Military Veterans
Senior Manager, Learning & Development
Do you want to be part of an inclusive team that works to develop innovative therapies for patients? Every day, we are driven to develop and deliver innovative and effective new medicines to patients and physicians. If you want to be part of this exciting work, you belong at Astellas!
Astellas Pharma Inc. is a pharmaceutical company conducting business in more than 70 countries around the world. We are committed to turning innovative science into medical solutions that bring value and hope to patients and their families. Keeping our focus on addressing unmet medical needs and conducting our business with ethics and integrity enables us to improve the health of people throughout the world. For more information on Astellas, please visit our website at www.astellas.com.
This position is based in Northbrook, Illinois. Remote work from certain states may be permitted in accordance with Astellas’ Responsible Flexibility Guidelines. Candidates interested in remote work are encouraged to apply.
Purpose and Scope:
- The Enterprise Learning & Transformation Team is responsible for learning to realize organizational wide transformation and changes. It also includes learning for key inflection points and learning for high potentials (particularly DE&I talent). The Senior Manager, Learning & Development will be responsible for managing and implementing Global learning and development solutions at all levels of the organization or a subset of the organization.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Builds organizational capability through a variety of learning solutions
- Creates learning that supports our strategic priorities. Conducts needs assessments, identifies the right solutions and puts together a proposal for approval. Uses experience and expertise to design appropriate learning solutions according to adult learning theories and 70:20:10, that are practical and engaging. Able to personalize learning e.g., personas, and create learner journey’s, develops curricula/bitesize learning that meets the needs of our internal customers, recognizing cultural differences. Able to create classroom/online/virtual learning. Tests design solutions. Creates deployment plans for a Global audience. Develops engaging communication campaigns to promote our learning offers. Delivers, facilitates learning, and acts as a coach. Creates learning dashboards and evaluates value and effectiveness of learning solutions using a variety of methods.
Global learning project management
- Manages a project team or can be part of a global project team or works independently using project management methodologies. Creates project and communications plans. Identifies resources required and manages risks, provides status updates to deliver quality learning solutions on time and on budget.
Strategic vendor partnerships
- Develops strong relationships with our strategic vendor partnerships, maximizing value, quality, cost, and timely delivery. Working with vendors to stay ahead of best practices and co-designing solutions (where appropriate). Onboarding vendors, ensuring correct contracting processes are followed e.g., Master Services Agreements, raising purchase orders. Providing and seeking feedback on the working relationship.
Develops learning processes that support a mature learning organization
- Creates or improves Global L&D processes to ensure they are fit for purpose and meet customer needs. Aligns with HR Operations Team to ensure an end-to-end efficient service.
- Ensures our HRBPs and Talent team have the right information they need to promote/align with L&D solutions and how these relate to our Strategy. Provides clear, simple, impactful communication. Seeks alignment opportunities where appropriate. Manages communications via Global email channels with the rest of the team to ensure a one stop shop customers. Uses Global Brands and makes suggestions to improve visibility to the business.
Manages and ensures any local legislative learning processes are met
- Working with internal expertise and stakeholders to ensure GDPR compliance for our learning solutions and Workers Councils requirements (where appropriate) are met.
- This role may support all Astellas employees (14,000) or a subset of this group dependent on need to realize our Corporate Strategic Plan. Whilst there is no direct budget responsibility, this can be project dependent. There are no direct reports however, this role is supported by Global Project Team members.
- This role reports to the Associate Director, Learning & Development as part of the Enterprise Learning & Transformation Team. The Enterprise Learning Transformation Team reports to the Head of Learning and development which is part of the Global Talent Team within HR. The team is a Global Team with members in Asia, Europe & US. This role will interact with a variety of stakeholders within HR, and the business globally to accomplish strategic objectives.
Designing better ways to work through cutting-edge products, premium services and exceptional experiences that enable people to reach their full potential. HR, Talent, Time Management, Benefits and Payroll. Informed by data and designed for people.
ADP hires in over 26 countries around the world for a variety of amazing careers. We’re reimagining what it means to work, and doing so in profound ways. At ADP, we say that we’re Always Designing for People, starting with our own.