Financial Advisor I -Long Island Central, NY - Military Veterans
at TD Bank
About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing over 9.8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at more than 1,100 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Auto Finance, a division of TD Bank, N.A., offers vehicle financing and dealer commercial services. TD Bank and its subsidiaries also offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.td.com/us. Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBankUS and www.twitter.com/TDNewsUS.
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol \"TD\". To learn more, visit www.td.com.
We offer a competitive salary and benefit program, including: comprehensive, affordable health care through medical, dental, and vision coverage; financial security with life and disability insurance; opportunities to save using health savings and flexible spending accounts; retirement benefits to help prepare for the future; paid time off and work/life benefits to maintain a good balance.
The Financial Advisor (FA) I is a high-touch point of client contact accountable to service the unique and less complex needs of clients in the Mass Affluent (MA) segment. The FA will serve as the central point of contact, providing expertise for MA clients on insurance, annuities and investments. The job is directly responsible for providing proactive client service to achieve greater share of wallet. The job will also be responsible for retaining and growing the client relationship and is accountable for exceeding clients' expectations for asset accumulation, preservation, growth and protection.
The FA is at the center of the MA client services model delivering an integrated Wealth Management and Insurance offering by providing day-to-day account management, financial needs analysis, direct sales of wealth management solutions and complex annuity and insurance solutions for clients and their businesses. In so doing, the FA must focus on maximizing clients' satisfaction with their overall wealth relationship, maximizing profitability of the client relationship, while ensuring minimum risk to TD and regulatory compliance.
- Demonstrates a commitment to being customer-centric by ensuring legendary service is provided during every customer interaction to maximize retention and growth
- Ensures all NEW clients receive the complete on-boarding experience, which includes: a thorough client discovery leading to a truly exceptional client experience, completion of a financial needs analysis to provide goals-based advice, an introduction to the centralized client servicing team as per client need, and completion of all requisite client documents.
- May work with clients with less complex needs and be able to have fulsome discussions with clients as the subject matter expert
- Ensures all new & existing clients are provided with a MA Planning Experience
- Effectively implements a process to ensure every client receives an Annual Client Review (ACR) meeting with an enhanced agenda focused on the client's overall wealth needs, as well as pro-active contacts
- Serves as the primary point of contact for TD Wealth client relationships for MA segment; manages all aspects of the client's relationships with TD Bank and refers to Retail and Wealth partners & affiliates as needed
- Implements and executes a differentiated service model/experience for MA clients.
- Meets quarterly and annual sales goals.
- Deepens wallet share by anticipating client needs and suggesting the most appropriate Wealth solutions. Maximizes profitability, while ensuring the client receives an exceptional client experience.
- Identifies opportunities within your portfolio and network to refer business to Retail and Small Business/Commercial Partners
- Executes in a manner that is compliant with regulations, policies and procedures
- Adheres to all federal, state, SRO regulations and Firm policies related to all business activities (e.g. OCC, SEC, State Insurance Commissioners, NY Department of Financial Services, etc.)
- Ensures all Continuing Education requirements are attained
- Responsible for understanding and adhering to TD Bank & TD Wealth Policies and Procedures
- Responsible for implementing TD's Customer Identification Program (CIP) by collecting and verifying required customer identification information, and performing other Customer Due Diligence and Enhanced Due Diligence Requirements as outlined in the Business Unit AML procedures
- Uncovers client's asset and transitions higher threshold clients to appropriate HNW Wealth partners as needed
- Responsible for fostering and contributing to a positive and constructive work environment with a focus on supporting the overall Wealth team
- Provides coaching, Wealth referral training & on-going feedback to Retail and Small Business staff
- Contributes individually, as a team member and as a mentor to new FAs, to ensure strong performance, collaboration and enthusiasm
- Represents TD Wealth to the general public in a professional manner
- Be involved in the community and support TDBG charity and community initiatives
- 4-year degree required or equivalent work experience; MBA or advanced degree preferred
- 5 + years financial services experience in a production capacity (i.e. track record for meeting sales goals) required
- 7 + years of overall working experience preferred
- Securities Licensed: 65 Required
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP), preferred
- Strong understanding wealth management business development techniques, products, services and overall industry.
- Advanced understanding and experience with retail and small business banking and experience interacting with Mass Affluent and HNW clients
- Consultative sales experience required
- Proven ability to establish relationships and partner effectively with other departments within TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Opportunity awaits at TD Bank...join us!
As America's Most Convenient Bank, we need to WOW! our customers every day! That's why we're looking for talented, motivated people with a passion for excellence, a focus on the customer and the drive to Build The Better Bank. If you have what it takes to be a part of something legendary – we have an opportunity for you!
Come grow with us!
Whether you have years of banking experience and are looking for a different kind of bank, or if you're beginning your career in financial services, we have opportunities for you. With award-winning career training programs, competitive salaries and incentives, full and part-time schedule choices, and a complete range of benefits, this is the place to be!
Are you ready?
Get started by checking out the exciting opportunities available at TD Bank.
Are you already a TD Bank Employee? Please visit TD Bank's company intranet to apply for your next position.