Senior Incident Handler - Military Veterans
at ManTech International Corporation
Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Be a part of a diverse, multi-discipline team that has high visibility and several avenues for continued career growth. At ManTech, you will help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement. Your role will be Monday - Friday with Core hours. Location is in the McLean, VA area.
ManTech is seeking a motivated, mission-oriented Senior Incident Handler in supporting Cyber Security contract performs the following duties:
• Performs actions in response to identified cyber intrusions
• Determines appropriate course of action in response to identified cyber security attacks or anomalous network activity
• Performs advanced analysis to include forensic seizures of hardware, malware triage and dynamic analysis, and determination of the scope of compromise during a cyber attack
* Communicates with stakeholders and leaders to ensure cyber incidents are managed appropriately
* Acts as incident command during small scale cyber-attacks and cyber response subject matter expert during large scale attacks
• Recommend enterprise countermeasures based on threat trends
• Prepares detailed recommendations for network defense improvements to close or mitigate cyber incidents
Requires an active/current TS/SCI with Polygraph clearance
Requires a BS (bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, or other closely related IT discipline) Or 4 additional years of experience in lieu of degree with minimum of 5 years of related experience.
Demonstrated experience in cyber incident response/detection or expert network engineering, system administration, or develops
Minimum of 6+ years of experience in Cyber Security, InfoSec, Security Engineering, Network Engineering with emphasis in cyber security issues and operations, computer incident response, systems architecture, data management.
Familiarity with the following classes of enterprise cyber defense technologies:
• Network and Host malware detection and prevention
• Network and Host forensic tools
• Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR)
• Network Detection and Response (NDR)
• Sysmon, audit, Windows Security Event Log analysis
• Web/Email gateway security technologies
* Experience with Splunk, Windows PowerShell, or similar technologies
* NetFlow and Full Packet Capture solutions
• Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) systems
• Network Intrusion Detection System/Intrusion Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS)
• Host Intrusion Detection System/Intrusion Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS)
• AWS, Azure, GCP incident response
Active TS/SCI w/ Polygraph
Must be able to be in a stationary position more than 50% of the time
Must be able to communicate, converse, and exchange information with peers and senior personnel
Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a computer
The person in this position frequently communicates with co-workers, management and customers, which may involve delivering presentations. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
For all positions requiring access to technology/software source code that is subject to export control laws, employment with the company is contingent on either verifying U.S.-person status or obtaining any necessary license. The applicant will be required to answer certain questions for export control purposes, and that information will be reviewed by compliance personnel to ensure compliance with federal law. ManTech may choose not to apply for a license for such individuals whose access to export-controlled technology or software source code may require authorization and may decline to proceed with an applicant on that basis alone.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.
In business for more than half a century, ManTech has provided advanced mission-focused technology solutions and services for every branch of the federal government: Intelligence, Federal Civilian and Defense agencies.
We solve their toughest homeland and national security challenges – cost-efficiently, at speed, where our customers are – land, sea, air, space, cyberspace and everywhere in-between.
Learn why government depends on ManTech – where mission-driven teams and continuously-evolving technology solutions set the industry standard in full-spectrum Cyber, Mission and Enterprise IT, Cloud, Analytics, Automation and AI, Intelligent Systems Engineering and Data at the Edge.
At ManTech, nearly 50% of our employees are veterans. To us, it’s personal. We know you because we are you. And with today’s veterans being among the most sophisticated warriors that the nation has ever had, we want you to join our mission, join our family. ManTech provides mission-focused technology solutions and services for the U.S. defense, intelligence community and federal civilian agencies. We know the value that military service instilled in you and what only veterans can offer to our sophisticated workforce.