Manager, Strategic Sourcing (IT) - Military Veterans
at Ross Stores, Inc.
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc., where our differences make us stronger… At Ross and dd’s, inclusion is a way of life. We care about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and inclusion journey!GENERAL PURPOSE:
The IT Strategic Sourcing Manager will execute sourcing projects that accomplish the goals of both the organization and the IT business units they support, striving to optimize Total Cost of Ownership while creating efficiencies.
This person will be responsible for leading IT strategic sourcing projects from start-to-finish, including process steps such as vendor research, category/market research, market index analysis, data analysis, baseline development, RFP development, competitive bid strategy/management, negotiations, offer analysis and scenario development. This role will also be involved in post-bid management, which includes activities such as spend analysis and vendor management. He / she will manage multiple projects at a time, as well as support ad-hoc IT sourcing inquiries.
Strong sourcing strategy, project management, and communications are key in this role as this person will be interacting with many Ross employees, departments, locations and vendors to facilitate cross-functional IT Sourcing activities and support other company-wide initiatives.
The base salary range for this role is $102,500 - $156,350. The base salary range is dependent on factors including, but not limited to, experience, skills, qualifications, relevant education, certifications, seniority, and location. The range listed is just one component of the total compensation package for employees. Other rewards vary by position and location.
Drive IT Sourcing Strategy and Process Execution
• Manage IT sourcing process with minimal support, start-to-finish, for simple to medium complexity projects (to include market research, sourcing strategy, RFX / event development, negotiations, management of communications, and stakeholder involvement, etc.)
• Develop category and negotiation strategies that drive savings or business transformation through thought leadership and industry expertise
• Build and maintain stakeholder relationships typically at the Director and VP level based on transparency and mutual benefit
• Partner with the IT organization for relationship management activities and contributes to business reviews and QBRs to maximize value from suppliers.
• Lead planning and ideation sessions and effectively influence stakeholders bringing new and innovative ideas
• Collaborate with IT portfolio owners to drive establishment and execution of Renewals and Maintenance Program strategy
• Conduct detailed market and IT vendor research to communicate these findings through meaningful research summaries
• Develop and manage IT sourcing project timelines and lead cross-functional working sessions and leadership meetings to drive key decisions.
• Analyze vendor bid responses (quantitatively and qualitatively) and round to round movement uncovering insights to influence sourcing strategy
• Facilitate the development of award scenarios and recommendations for stakeholder evaluation, consideration and decision-making
Contract Development and Management
• Review contracts and spend to assess potential IT sourcing opportunities
• Meet with IT Contract Owners / IT Contracts Coordinator / Legal to follow-up on concerns relating to IT RFPs / sourcing projects
• Provide guidance on contract negotiations through collaborative approach with IT stakeholders
Ad-Hoc Analysis and Project Support
• Assist in driving continuous process improvement initiatives, and adherence to policies and procedures
• Able to develop PowerPoint presentations for internal stakeholder communications / updates, also review other team members' deliverables
• Support additional duties as assigned
• Building Effective Teams (for managers of People and Projects)
• Developing Talent (for managers of people only, N/A for this role/level)
• Leading by Example
• Communicates Effectively
• Ensures Accountability and Execution
• Manages Conflict
• Business Acumen
• Plans, Aligns and Prioritizes
• Organizational Agility
With particular emphasis on the following specific position-related competencies:
• Analysis and Judgment
• Drives Results
• Technical Competence
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
• BA/BS in Business, Economics, Finance/Accounting, Engineering, or Computer Science
• MBA/JD/MS/ME preferred
• Minimum of 5 years IT strategic sourcing experience. Multiple IT sourcing category experience required.
• Consulting experience preferred; experience in retail is a plus
• Cross-functional team leadership
• Project Management
• Vendor Management
• Contract writing and management experience preferred
• Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Experience using e-sourcing tools for RFx processes, analysis, and/or optimization is a plus
• Experience in working with raw material / market indices
• Must have a data driven approach to solving problems
• Requires very strong quantitative skills and a good sense of how to dissect problems
• Must have very close attention to details and the drive to get things right with minimal supervision
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize, work independently and keep a high level of focus
• Must be able to listen, understand, and communicate with employees at all levels of the company
• Needs to be able to build effective working relationships within Ross
This role requires regular in-office presence, including to engage in in-person team interaction, meetings and collaboration, client support, mentoring, coaching, and/or feedback. This position requires the ability to use a computer, work as part of a team, and the ability to communicate with team members and others. However, this role can perform duties effectively using a combination of in-office and remote work. #LI-Hybrid
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management's discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company's overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.
At Ross Stores, we’ve found that transitioning service members, veterans and military spouses are a great fit for our culture and have the qualities we seek in our Associates. We offer many points of entry, across our entire organization, depending on your service, experience, and interests. We’ll give you a career, a challenge, and a place to call home.
Veterans are comfortable with a culture that focuses on leadership, execution and problem solving, as well as our commitment to providing actionable feedback.
We offer a similar experience to the structure of the military, with an emphasis on control, policy and protocol.
Like the military, we offer many training opportunities through our targeted learning programs and on-the-job training.
We offer the flexibility to control your career by relocating across our many locations for new opportunities.
Our organization is expanding rapidly, which creates many opportunities for individuals who have the desire to grow their career with us.
Whether in one of our Distribution Centers, Stores, Buying Offices or Corporate office, you will find yourself amongst peers that include other veterans and military spouses.