Civil Engineer - Municipal - Military Veterans
at TRC Companies, Inc.
TRC is a national engineering consulting and construction management firm that provides integrated services to the environmental, energy, and infrastructure markets. TRC serves a broad range of clients in government and industry, implementing complex projects from initial concept to delivery and operation.
We are seeking a highly motivated Civil Engineer to join our growing Municipal Engineering Services team in Arlington, TX. The ideal candidate will have experience in design, construction and project management initiatives within the municipalities, roadway, water/wastewater, and/or treatment plants. This position has the unique ability to partner with and learn from some of the best engineers, project managers, and other technical staff in the industry.
- Ability to execute engineering best practices on a wide variety of projects for a wide variety of clients, adapting to new environments quickly
- Be involved in all project aspects including design/study development, construction management, project management, RFI's/RFPs/Submittals, and client meetings
- Assist Project Managers with construction management tasks such as material submittal reviews build reviews and coordination with Contractors.
- Assist Project Managers in the production of project plans, specifications, scheduling, budgeting, technical memoranda, and cost estimates
- Conduct site visits, surveys, and inspections, and assist with data collection, compilation, and assessment for infrastructure projects.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, cities/clients, and other public agencies.
- Bachelor's Degree in any Engineering discipline
- 5 to 10 years of related experience in municipal or land development engineering
- Active Professional Engineer LicenseRequired or in the process of completing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be flexible, well organized, accountable, and dependable
- Physically able to perform work in the field
- Experience using computer assisted engineering and design software to prepare engineering and design documents (examples include software such as AutoCAD, MicroStation, and GIS).
Our core values include Safety, Teamwork, Quality, and Reliability.
TRC's culture is all about the entrepreneurial spirit; you must be a go-getter, self-motivated, have a customer service attitude and be ready to do work that improves Earth every day! If you want to utilize your expertise and execute on your own ideas while learning along the way, then TRC is for you!
TRC offers advancement potential and a competitive compensation and benefits package including a 401k plan with a company match. For more information, please visit our website at: https://www.trccompanies.com
TRC is an equal opportunity employer: disability/veteran. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Dw Gdns, TX
Groundbreaker. Game changer. Innovator. TRC is a global firm providing environmentally focused and digitally powered solutions that address local needs. For more than 50 years, we have set the bar for clients who require consulting, construction, engineering and management services, combining science with the latest technology to devise solutions that stand the test of time. TRC’s nearly 6,000 professionals serve a broad range of public and private clients, steering complex projects from conception to completion to help solve the toughest challenges. We break through barriers for our clients and help them follow through for sustainable results. TRC is ranked #20 on ENR’s list of the Top 500 Design Firms in the United States. Learn more at TRCcompanies.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.