Trainee Affairs Coordinator - Military Veterans
at Houston Methodist
At Houston Methodist, the Trainee Affairs Coordinator is responsible for American Heart Association Education for the Houston Methodist Academic Institute (HMAI). The Trainee Affairs Coordinator provides BLS, ACLS and PALS training for nurses, PCAs, and medical residents from various departments.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Job responsibilities labeled EF capture those duties that are essential functions of the job.
PEOPLE - 25%
- Works directly with Clerkship Directors, Manager for undergraduate medical education, and the medical students to facilitate all aspects of the undergraduate medical education program. This may include some public relations and/or efforts to improve the facilities or services available for the students. (EF)
- Facilitates implementation of standardized patient encounters, structured debriefing for small multidisciplinary groups of adult learners after completion of simulation training. (EF)
- Assists with administrative management of clerkship and electives, acting as liaison between directors and students. Serves as liaison to Education Administration, Faculty and other affiliated personnel. (EF)
SERVICE - 30%
- Provides professional and administrative support managing the day to day operations of their assigned 3rd and 4th year clerkship program(s). (EF)
- Maintains optimum communications with clerkship directors and clerkship faculty to facilitate appropriate scheduling and coordination of clerkship rotational experiences to satisfy requirements. (EF)
- Coordinates activities related to educational conferences, orientation, meetings, lectures, simulations, laboratory sessions, examination and special events as directed by curriculum. (EF)
- Prepares exams, syllabi, and other materials as requested by the clinical faculty and NBME requirements. Maintains this material in a secure electronic database. (EF)
- Coordinates the collection, tracking, and reporting of evaluations and grades for clerkship programs using an on-line database. (EF)
QUALITY/SAFETY - 20%
- Maintains and coordinates activities required to comply with institutional and program requirements (to include management of grades and course requirements, orientation, testing, evaluation & assessment, and schedules). (EF)
- Compiles and maintains data to insure compliance with accreditation agencies and for reporting purposes. Coordinates and prepares materials for continued accreditation for the educational partners responsible for reporting to the LCME. (EF)
FINANCE - 10%
- Utilizes department resources/supplies efficiently and identified cost savings or revenue opportunities. (EF)
GROWTH/INNOVATION - 15%
- Generates and communicates new ideas and suggestions that improve quality and/or service. (EF)
- Identifies unique and creative ways to assure accessibility and availability of clinical education programs to staff via simulation form improving/evaluating competency. (EF)
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
- High School diploma or equivalent education (examples include: GED, verification of homeschool equivalency, partial or full completion of post-secondary education, etc.)
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Two years experience in healthcare delivery or academic setting
- Experience in a health science center or higher education preferred
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Demonstrates the skills and competencies necessary to safely perform the assigned job, determined through on-going skills, competency assessments, and performance evaluations
- Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles
- Ability to prioritize, frequently and quickly shift tasks, and adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Exhibits attention to detail and critical thinking skills
- Possesses excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrates ability to work alone and with a team
- Use of personal computer and related software (such as Microsoft, Excel and PowerPoint, Access, Outlook and Publisher
- Thorough understanding and knowledge of UGME education policies and procedures and ability to ensure compliance with medical student handbook guidelines and expectations
On-Call* No (for Non-Exempt or Exempt jobs)
May require travel withinNoHouston Metropolitan area
*Note that employees may be required to be on-call during emergencies (ie. Disaster, Severe Weather Event, etc) regardless of selection above.
May require travel outsideNoof Houston Metropolitan area
**Travel specifications may vary by department.
Please note any other special considerations to this job: __________________________
Houston Methodist Academic Institute was formed to rapidly and efficiently translate discoveries made in the laboratory and the clinic into new diagnostics, therapies and treatments. The Research Institute was created in 2004 to provide the infrastructure and support for these endeavors and to house the technology and resources needed to make innovative breakthroughs in important areas of human disease. A 540,000-square-foot building dedicated to research and clinical trials, the Academic Institute houses over 2,110 credentialed researchers conducting 1,387 ongoing clinical protocols.
At Houston Methodist, Leading Medicine is more than a description of what we do; it's who we are. We take our responsibility as Houston's premier health care system seriously, and with a national reputation for excellence in patient care, innovation and research, we hold ourselves and the careers we build to a higher standard. Our culture is diverse, dynamic and challenging. We believe in our I Care Values and conduct ourselves with Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect for others and a commitment to Excellence. Discover the difference for yourself and join Houston Methodist.
You can click on the video links below to learn more!
· About Houston Methodist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClN3mmKT0EI
· Nursing at Houston Methodist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUfmVeansTo
· Houston - Best City to Live In: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzLQzGBjHJw