Hybrid - Sr. Transportation Designer/Drafter - Military Veterans
at Parsons Corporation
Req #: R139228
- US - PA, Cranberry Township
In a world of possibilities, pursue one with endless opportunities. Imagine Next!When it comes to what you want in your career, if you can imagine it, you can do it at Parsons. Imagine a career working with intelligent, diverse people sharing a common quest. Imagine a workplace where you can be yourself. Where you can thrive. Where you can find your next, right now. We’ve got what you’re looking for.
Parsons is now hiring a Senior Designer/Drafter for our rapidly expanding portfolio of projects. Parsons extensive experience in this field combined with your knowledge and developing technical skills will propel your career forward.
This position can be located in our Cranberry Township, PA office or for the right candidate this can be Remote/Hybrid role.
Our Designers at this level typically take engineering notes, specifications, rough sketches, etc., and formalizes them into working drawings. In this role, you will develop moderately complex working drawings from engineering notes, sketches, and/or detailed drawings, ensuring that they meet company and industry standards and codes. Our Designers understand the materials and methods normally used within the assigned discipline.
- Utilizes a CAD (MicroStation) to prepare highway and/or bridge plans from rough sketches and/or from general engineering and design information according to established standards and procedures.
- Works closely with other Designer/Drafters and Engineers to ensure a coordinated design.
- Applies standard drafting/design principles and theories to complete assignments.
- Utilizes technical manuals to ensure compliance with company policies and applicable standards and codes such as PennDOT and PA Turnpike.
- Manage and maintain all master and project drawings.
- Compiles data and performs dimensional and routine calculations required for the preparation of drawings.
- Reads and understands orthographic (2D) and/or isometric (3D) designs and supplier/manufacturer drawings.
- Makes required changes, additions, and/or revisions, as directed by immediate supervisor.
- Associate's or equivalent technical degree or certificate of completion from an accredited designer/drafter course (or equivalent) is preferred
- 4+ years of relevant experience (PennDOT and PA Turnpike preferred).
- Proficiency with Microstation, InRoads and AutoCAD software
- Ability to interpret and ensure conformance to applicable standards such as AASHTO, PennDOT, relevant standards/guidelines, as well as company policies and procedures.
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:Not Applicable/NoneThis position is part of our Critical Infrastructure team.For more than 75 years, our experts have designed and delivered the critical infrastructure that connects and protects communities around the world. We work in diverse, collaborative teams, both within the company and with our partners and customers, to plan, design, build, and modernize infrastructure. We take special pride in projects and solutions that improve communities as well as people’s quality of life by promoting economic growth, enhancing mobility, and increasing sustainability and resiliency. Powered by our people, we provide the imagination necessary to support our customers’ visions—and to help them see new possibilities.
Salary Range:$24.18 - $42.31We value our employees and want our employees to take care of their overall wellbeing, which is why we offer best-in-class benefits such as medical, dental, vision, paid time off, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), 401(k), life insurance, flexible work schedules, and holidays to fit your busy lifestyle!
The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by customer requirements and some cases federal, state, provincial or local mandates.Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in the workplace. Diversity is ingrained in who we are, how we do business, and is one of our company’s core values. Parsons equally employs representation at all job levels for minority, female, disabled, protected veteran and LGBTQ+.We truly invest and care about our employee’s wellbeing and provide endless growth opportunities as the sky is the limit, so aim for the stars! Imagine next and join the Parsons quest—APPLY TODAY!
Cranberry Township, PA
Founded in 1944, Parsons, an engineering, construction, technical, and management services firm with revenues of $2.7 billion in 2011, is 100% owned by the Employee Stock Ownership Trust. We conquer the toughest logistical challenges and deliver design/design-build, program/construction management, and other professional services packaged in innovative alternative delivery methods to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide. Parsons is a leader in many diversified markets with a focus on transportation, environmental/infrastructure, and defense/security.