Highway Design Engineer II (Transportation Infrastructure) - Military Veterans
at Parsons Corporation
Req #: R139227
- US - PA, Cranberry Township
In a world of possibilities, pursue one with endless opportunities. Imagine Next!When it comes to what you want in your career, if you can imagine it, you can do it at Parsons. Imagine a career working with intelligent, diverse people sharing a common quest. Imagine a workplace where you can be yourself. Where you can thrive. Where you can find your next, right now. We’ve got what you’re looking for.
Civil Roadway Engineer II – Transportation Infrastructure – Cranberry Township, PA, East Hartford, CT or Boston, MA.
Our Parsons Pittsburgh office is now seeking to hire two experienced Civil Roadway Engineers to support our growing project work for Penn Dot in the region.
Working with us means being with a global team that has worked on award-winning programs and embraces new technologies to keep us at the forefront of the transportation market. We are looking for an experienced Civil Engineer to support Roadway design projects in the Pennsylvania and the New England region. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work on diverse projects and support designs for both conventional and Integrated delivery (design/build) projects. Your projects could include roadway rehabilitations, bridge rehabilitations, new roadway designs, interstate widening/expansions, roundabouts, intersection improvements - just to name a few!
We are a growing our transportation sector in Pennsylvania to better serve PennDOT and the PA Turnpike Commission as well as to assist other offices throughout the Northeast. We have a strong backlog throughout the region, and this means longevity, stability and career growth for you! Our teams are involved in some of the most innovative programs in the world, addressing the large challenges of today and shaping the transportation corridors for generations to come. We provide a workplace that encourages your development, growth, flexibility, and creativity and our company culture embraces diversity, inclusion and overall work-life balance.
- Will perform geometric alignments and design for interstate roadway projects, inclusive of rampway and interchanges , utilizing Microstation Inroads and/or Open Roads software.
- Independently develops and/or supervises the creation of engineering products that meet customer quality requirements. This includes defining the problem, establishing the work scope, preparing the budget and schedule, planning the work, providing technical direction, and reporting the work status.
- Typical products may include detailed calculations, drawings, procurement documents, design and installation packages, proposal evaluations, technical reports, and detailed analyses.
- Provides support for other engineering activities as required.
- May supervise one or more subordinates and provide input regarding performance.
- May be assigned to a project or organizational team, or as a lead engineer for a specific discipline on a small to intermediate size project.
- Provides input and technical guidance to CAD Designer/Drafters, Designers, and lower-level Engineers working on the same project.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering (or related field) is required.
- Must have 5 years or more of related civil road/highway design experience.
- Professional Engineer ( PE) registration is desirable or the ability to obtain a PE within 12 months.
- PennDOT experience is highly preferred ; PTC experience is preferred.
- Proficiency in utilizing CAD and other PC software packages typically associated with engineering is required. (Prefer experience with Microstation and InRoads/OpenRoads)
- Any experience on PennDOT projects in Districts 1-0, 10-0, 11-0 and 12-0 in Western Pennsylvania is highly desirable.
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:Not Applicable/NoneThis position is part of our Critical Infrastructure team.For more than 75 years, our experts have designed and delivered the critical infrastructure that connects and protects communities around the world. We work in diverse, collaborative teams, both within the company and with our partners and customers, to plan, design, build, and modernize infrastructure. We take special pride in projects and solutions that improve communities as well as people’s quality of life by promoting economic growth, enhancing mobility, and increasing sustainability and resiliency. Powered by our people, we provide the imagination necessary to support our customers’ visions—and to help them see new possibilities.
Salary Range:$68,400.00 - $119,700.00We value our employees and want our employees to take care of their overall wellbeing, which is why we offer best-in-class benefits such as medical, dental, vision, paid time off, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), 401(k), life insurance, flexible work schedules, and holidays to fit your busy lifestyle!
The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by customer requirements and some cases federal, state, provincial or local mandates.Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in the workplace. Diversity is ingrained in who we are, how we do business, and is one of our company’s core values. Parsons equally employs representation at all job levels for minority, female, disabled, protected veteran and LGBTQ+.We truly invest and care about our employee’s wellbeing and provide endless growth opportunities as the sky is the limit, so aim for the stars! Imagine next and join the Parsons quest—APPLY TODAY!
Cranberry Township, PA
Founded in 1944, Parsons, an engineering, construction, technical, and management services firm with revenues of $2.7 billion in 2011, is 100% owned by the Employee Stock Ownership Trust. We conquer the toughest logistical challenges and deliver design/design-build, program/construction management, and other professional services packaged in innovative alternative delivery methods to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide. Parsons is a leader in many diversified markets with a focus on transportation, environmental/infrastructure, and defense/security.