Junior Tunnel Engineer - Military Veterans
at Parsons Corporation
Req #: R139175
- US - DC, Washington
- US - MA, Boston
In a world of possibilities, pursue one with endless opportunities. Imagine Next!When it comes to what you want in your career, if you can imagine it, you can do it at Parsons. Imagine a career working with intelligent, diverse people sharing a common quest. Imagine a workplace where you can be yourself. Where you can thrive. Where you can find your next, right now. We’ve got what you’re looking for.
Parsons is looking for an amazingly talented Junior Tunnel Engineer to join our team based in Washington-DC area or Boston!
In this role you will get to work on transportation, water, wastewater and CSO projects nationally and internationally.
Job title and compensation are to be determined based on experience and credentials.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Perform complex tunnel design tasks and deliver engineering work efficiently and accurately.
- Perform complex 2D and 3D structural and geotechnical analyses and Prepare design calculations.
- Perform underground structure soil-structure interaction (SSI) analyses.
- Plan Geotechnical Investigation and Prepare Geotechnical Data Reports and Geotechnical Baseline Report
- Contribute to risk management activities as well as construction cost estimate
- Perform construction impact assessment
- Specifications and drawings for geotechnical instrumentations and monitoring
- Detailed checking of design calculations performed by others.
- Develop structural details and construction plans using Microstation and AutoCAD in collaboration with Drafters/designers.
- Prepare of geometric layouts, construction specifications and material quantity calculations
- Commitment to quality and continuous improvement through innovation, creative thinking and improved results.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and productive relationships with all employees, clients and other stakeholders.
What Required Skills You'll Bring:
- Related training in geotechnical and underground structural design experience is required.
- MS Degree in Civil Engineering with structural or geotechnical emphasize is required
- Knowledge/familiarity with modeling and designing underground structural systems using 2D and 3D finite element analyses (Plaxis, STAAD.Pro, SAP2000, and/or others)
What Desired Skills You'll Bring:
- 2 years or more related tunnel design experience
- PE licensure is preferred.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office, industry standard structural design and analysis software, and AutoCAD or Microstation
- Willingness to work in a team office environment
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Strong aptitude for learning higher level design skills
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:Not Applicable/NoneThis position is part of our Critical Infrastructure team.For more than 75 years, our experts have designed and delivered the critical infrastructure that connects and protects communities around the world. We work in diverse, collaborative teams, both within the company and with our partners and customers, to plan, design, build, and modernize infrastructure. We take special pride in projects and solutions that improve communities as well as people’s quality of life by promoting economic growth, enhancing mobility, and increasing sustainability and resiliency. Powered by our people, we provide the imagination necessary to support our customers’ visions—and to help them see new possibilities.
Salary Range:$59,300.00 - $103,800.00We value our employees and want our employees to take care of their overall wellbeing, which is why we offer best-in-class benefits such as medical, dental, vision, paid time off, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), 401(k), life insurance, flexible work schedules, and holidays to fit your busy lifestyle!
The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by customer requirements and some cases federal, state, provincial or local mandates.Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in the workplace. Diversity is ingrained in who we are, how we do business, and is one of our company’s core values. Parsons equally employs representation at all job levels for minority, female, disabled, protected veteran and LGBTQ+.We truly invest and care about our employee’s wellbeing and provide endless growth opportunities as the sky is the limit, so aim for the stars! Imagine next and join the Parsons quest—APPLY TODAY!
Founded in 1944, Parsons, an engineering, construction, technical, and management services firm with revenues of $2.7 billion in 2011, is 100% owned by the Employee Stock Ownership Trust. We conquer the toughest logistical challenges and deliver design/design-build, program/construction management, and other professional services packaged in innovative alternative delivery methods to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide. Parsons is a leader in many diversified markets with a focus on transportation, environmental/infrastructure, and defense/security.