Auto Master Technician - Military Veterans
at Pep Boys
The Master Technician requires experience and technical expertise to diagnose drivability, air conditioning and electrical systems. It is expected to use leadership and mentoring skills to drive a team to increase customer care and satisfaction A successful Master Technician will have direct interaction with customers and deliver superior service through educating the customer on the problems and proposed solutions for their vehicle.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Diagnose and repair to specifications -- brake and hydraulic, exhaust, primary and/or advanced fuel ignition and electrical, suspension and alignment, air conditioning and computer systems.
- Perform job duties of all lower job descriptions (Technician A, Technician B, Mechanic, General Service Technician)
- Adequately explain technical diagnoses and needed repairs to non-mechanical individuals which may include employees and customers on an as-required basis.
- Continuously learn new technical information and techniques in formal training sessions in order to stay abreast with rapidly changing automotive technology.
- Assist fellow technicians/mechanics in performing technical activities.
- Keep store management aware of mechanical repair problems as they occur.
- Maintain and organized and neat shop
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, safety, and environmental rules
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
This position is a leader in the shop. We expect you to help set the pace and tone while helping to develop the team around you. Collaboration and a team first mentality are a must if you are looking for success in this role. In addition, we require review the following to measure your fit for this role:
- A High School Diploma or GED
- 5+ years of strong automotive mechanical diagnosis, problem-solving and repair experience.
- 8 or more ASE certifications are PREFERRED for this position (A1 through A8)
- Section 609 Certification required
- State Inspection license if applicable
- High level of motivation, energy and a customer-focused attitude
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Successful completion of a pre-employment background check
- Availability to work days, nights, holidays, and weekends as needed
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Extensive standing, walking, pushing and reaching.
- Need full range of motion for reaching, bending and stooping.
- Repetitive movement of hands, arms, legs.
- May drive a vehicle if needed.
- Lifting of heavy equipment >50 pounds is required.
- May work outside and be exposed to weather.
- Exposure to adverse weather conditions, chemicals, odors, dirt and dust.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
SHIFTING CAREERS INTO HIGH GEAR
Pep Boys was founded by Navy veterans in 1921 and today, we proudly employ military veterans and reserve-duty servicemembers like you throughout over 900 locations. If you’re passionate about vehicles and servicing the communities that depend on them, your unique and valuable skillsets will be a perfect match for our service bays, distribution centers, or store support centers.
We offer a variety of career options across the United States and Puerto Rico, as well as extensive training and development opportunities and a wide array of health and wellness benefits. Our mission is simple: to make quality car care simple, convenient, and accessible for everyone.
At Pep Boys, we go further to help your career go farther.