Senior Safety Consultant - Military Veterans
at TRC Companies, Inc.
TRC Companies, Inc. a pioneer in ground-breaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960s, is an engineering consulting firm that provides integrated services to the energy, environmental and infrastructure markets. TRC serves a broad range of clients in government and industry, implementing complex projects from initial concept to delivery and operation.
Our Environmental Sector delivers comprehensive environmental solutions to meet the full project lifecycle needs of clients in renewable energy, oil & gas, transportation, and manufacturing industries. With one of the largest multimedia air and land permitting and compliance teams in the country, we support client success in manufacturing and industry, liquids delivery and processing, natural gas storage and delivery, power generation and delivery, and transportation projects.
TRC is seeking an experienced Safety Consultant to join our team the upper Mid-West area (Chicago, Madison-WI, West Allis-WI, Ann Arbor-MI).Remote and hybrid options are available for candidates living in IL, WI, MI)
The position requires a strong technical safety service background, project management skills and experience, a solid reputation of building and maintaining key client relationships and a strong interest in business development.
The position will focus on providing health & safety compliance consulting and helping clients to improve their performance to their applicable health and safety goals and objectives. This position will support our national platform to deliver Safety Compliance Programs & Performance Improvement Services.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS
- Health & safety risk identification and evaluation.
- Health & safety compliance audits to evaluate applicability and conformance with applicable OSHA requirements.
- Health & safety management system design, development and implementation to specific standards, such as ISO 45001, OSHA Safety & Health Management System, etc.
- Development and implementation of written health & safety programs (e.g., hazard communication, lockout tagout, confined space, working from heights, hazardous materials storage, hot work, machine guarding, etc.).
- Develop and support safety training program content.
- Perform project management, oversight and coordination.
- Client relationship management and growth.
- Prepare client deliverables.
- Mentor project team members.
- Travel to client sites as needed.
- Work with client account managers and account teams to meet client expectations and increase services provided to the client.
- Assisting a variety of industrial operations including power, chemical, food & beverage, aerospace, forest products, rail transportation, oil & gas, retail, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor's degree in safety, industrial hygiene, science or engineering related field.
- 10-15 years of experience with various manufacturing environments across targeted industries.
- Experience organizing and conducting OSHA health & safety audits.
- Experienced in developing and delivering OSHA compliance programs.
- Experienced in performing safety due diligence assessments.
- Experienced in designing, developing and implementing safety management systems (ISO 45001).
- Experienced in business development and working with account teams to grow revenue.
- An interest in business development.
- Intuitive and creative thinker. Understanding of their surroundings and reasons that services are being provided. A consultative demeanor and ability to work with clients and the ability to identify and offer solutions when needed.
- Have strong communications and technical health & safety skills both written and oral.
- Work as a team player to support our national service platform.
- Interface well with and develop a rapport and positive relationship with our clients and employees.
- Ability to carry equipment such as ladders and air monitoring equipment up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to climb ladders, scaffolding, and stairs.
- Be able to wear a respirator, safety harness and other safety equipment as needed.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check, drug screen, physical and motor vehicle records check.
- Valid Driver’s License is required
- Must be able to commute to project sites as-needed
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
- Client management experience preferred.
- Service growth experience preferred.
TRC is an equal opportunity employer: disability/veteran. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
TRC offers advancement potential and a competitive compensation and benefits package including a 401k plan with a company match. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.trccompanies.com/.
Groundbreaker. Game changer. Innovator. TRC is a global firm providing environmentally focused and digitally powered solutions that address local needs. For more than 50 years, we have set the bar for clients who require consulting, construction, engineering and management services, combining science with the latest technology to devise solutions that stand the test of time. TRC’s nearly 6,000 professionals serve a broad range of public and private clients, steering complex projects from conception to completion to help solve the toughest challenges. We break through barriers for our clients and help them follow through for sustainable results. TRC is ranked #20 on ENR’s list of the Top 500 Design Firms in the United States. Learn more at TRCcompanies.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.