Assembler I - Military Veterans
at Communications & Power Industries
Shaping the future through innovation and discovery!
With a history spanning more than seven decades, Communications & Power Industries' thousands of products have impacted people's lives in numerous unseen ways every day. Our highly engineered products serve as the backbone of modern-day commercial and military communications systems, aid in the treatment of cancer, assist in diagnosing medical conditions, support and protect soldiers, sailors, and pilots, empower scientific discoveries and space exploration, help ensure the safety of imported foods and materials, and much more.
CPI is headquartered in Palo Alto, California and is a global manufacturer of electronic components and subsystems. We have manufacturing locations in the United States, Canada, Europe, and Asia. With a heritage of technological excellence, our team serves customers in the communications, defense, medical, industrial, and scientific markets.
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, the Assembler(Tube Technician) will construct a variety of microwave tube devices within a product line per written procedures, verbal instructions, and mechanical drawings under minimal supervision by department lead for the Econco facility. Located in Woodland, California since 1969, Econco is a recognized leader in rebuilt power tubes, offering a wide array of power grid devices for use in radar, industrial, communications and medical applications, as well as state-of-the-art magnetrons for industrial heating and processing applications. Econco is part of CPI's Microwave Power Products Division.
Works to construct a variety of microwave tube devices within a product line per written procedures, verbal instructions, and mechanical drawings under minimal supervision by department lead.
- Performs routine electronic, mechanical, and technical assignments such as constructing, repairing, and maintaining equipment, tubes, microwave products and electro-mechanical components, devices, and systems; works with written and verbal instructions under supervision by department lead.
- Operates related electronic and mechanical equipment necessary to assemble, test, evaluate process, repair and maintain specific product or equipment.
- Organizes and records measured data per manufacturing documentation.
- Develops skill and knowledge in specific products or equipment.
- Minimum 1-3 years experience as tube technician/assembler
- High School Diploma or GED required
- US citizenship for DoD Background clearance
- Excellent English Communication Skills
- Knowledge of electrical safety and other safety practices
- Ability to Read mechanical drawings with minimal supervision
- Ability to use microscope for extended periods of time
- Ability to learn how to use necessary computer tools like: Timecard Entry; Use databases necessary at each area; Use of Ultipro and LMS; MS Office Suite
- Ability to apply basic problem-solving skills with minimal supervision
- Willingness to support the team by demonstrating commitment and willingness to take additional responsibilities and do what is needed to get the job done. Reliable & dependent.
- Ability/willingness to work OT and weekends
WHAT WE OFFER:
Whether you are a seasoned professional or just embarking on your career, CPI is an ideal place to expand your knowledge and expertise. We cultivate a healthy, dynamic, and team-oriented environment that empowers our employees to develop, create and deliver innovative, reliable technology solutions to power, connect, protect, and support a better tomorrow.
We offer our employees an attractive compensation package with competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits, including health and wellness programs, career development, generous retirement savings plan with company match and more!
WHO WE ARE:
We value the unique and diverse skills, qualities, and backgrounds that each employee brings to CPI, and we respect each employee as an integral member of our growing team. CPI is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all current and prospective employees, as well as to promoting a culture of inclusion and respect for everyone. We celebrate the innovation that diversity creates in the work environment, and we recognize that each employee brings their own unique capabilities, experiences, and perspectives to the organization. It is this variety that adds value to our teams, as well as to our stakeholders. We welcome and encourage applicants to reach their full potential with us.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
CPI is a global manufacturer of electronic components and subsystems focused primarily on communications and defense markets. The company develops, manufactures and globally distributes innovative and reliable technology solutions used in the generation, amplification, transmission and reception of microwave signals for commercial and military applications. CPI serves customers in the communications, defense, medical, industrial and scientific markets. The company is organized into five operating divisions:
- Microwave Power Products Division in Palo Alto, Calif., which now includes the Eimac operations, also in Palo Alto, Calif., and the Econco operations in Woodland, Calif.;
- Beverly Microwave Division in Beverly, Mass.;
- Satcom & Medical Products Division, which includes the operations of the former Satcom Division in Georgetown, Ontario, Canada and San Jose, Calif. and the operations of the former Communications & Medical Products Division in Georgetown, Ontario, Canada;
- Radant Technologies Division in Stow and Hudson, Mass.; and
- Antenna Systems Division, which includes the operations of the former Malibu Division in Camarillo, Calif., the former ASC Signal Division in Plano, Texas and Whitby, Ontario, Canada, and Orbital Systems in Irving, Texas.