Assistant Sourcing Manager - Military Veterans
at Ross Stores, Inc.
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc., where our differences make us stronger… At Ross and dd’s, inclusion is a way of life. We care about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and inclusion journey!Assistant Sourcing Manager
About Ross Stores, Inc.
At Ross Stores, Inc. our focus has always been bringing our customers a constant stream of high-quality brands and trends at extraordinary savings, while providing a fun and exciting treasure hunt experience. We believe in keeping things simple: no expensive signage, displays or fancy fixtures - to us, it's far more meaningful to pass greater savings on to our customers with on-trend apparel, accessories, footwear, and home furnishings. With more than 2,000 stores, including Ross Dress for Less and dd's DISCOUNTS, we are the nation's largest off-price retail chain, and we continue to grow at a rate far outpacing traditional retail.
We have three buying offices positioned in key markets in New York City, Los Angeles, and Boston. With FY2021 revenues of $18.9 billion, we are a Fortune 500, S&P 500, and Nasdaq 100 Company, committed to offering an inclusive, safe and positive workplace. Come see what's in store.
At Ross you will find an organization that invites you to be your authentic self. As part of the Ross family you will experience:
- A respectful culture embedded with collaborative partnerships and humility
- Opportunities to give back to your community through national charities and local volunteer initiatives
A significant investment in your career through extensive onboarding programs, continuous learning opportunities, ongoing development and the opportunity to work with engaged and knowledgeable industry leaders
Additional information is available at: https://jobs.rossstores.com/creative/about
About this opportunity
The Assistant Sourcing Manager provides sourcing and operational support on all aspects of the Product Life Cycle from development to delivery. Reporting to a Manager/Director of Sourcing, this role will be responsible for supporting Sourcing team to deliver product that is in line with the brand aesthetic, quality and value that meets the Merchant objectives. The expectation is to prepare the incumbent for promote-ability as future bench strength for the Associate Sourcing Manager position.
The base salary range for this role is $52,000 - $68,000. The base salary range is dependent on factors including, but not limited to, experience, skills, qualifications, relevant education, certifications, seniority, and location. The range listed is just one component of the total compensation package for employees. Other rewards vary by position and location.
• Supports operational functions within designated product categories by assisting the Sourcing team in the development of product from initial design concept to placement to production to shipment of an item.
• Supports purchase order creation by providing relevant data to merchants for PO issuance and ensures accuracy before sending completed PO to vendor.
• Supports Manager / Direction with product costing and learns components of cost breakdowns.
• Develops a critical eye for product, raw materials and finishes. Receives, organizes, and assesses samples for aesthetic and overall quality.
• Monitors milestone calendars to ensure that deadlines are met, issues are flagged, and updates to the team are timely.
• Communicates with vendors and agents to ensure shipments are delivered on time with oversight from Manager / Director
• Keeps product knowledge current by shopping the competition, Ross/dd's stores, and the market. Demonstrates understanding of price value relationship.
• Establishes relationships with all internal and external business partners.
Who you are
• Bachelor's degree or commensurate experience required.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Strong retail math skills.
• Highly effective written and verbal communication.
• Strong analytical and PC skills, with an emphasis on spreadsheet applications.
Perks and Benefits of joining our team
Our Associates are at the heart of everything we do and we're proud to offer a range of benefits that reflect how much we value their contributions. Here's a peek into what you can expect as an eligible Ross Associate:
- A broad range of affordable health insurance options, 401(k) with employer match, life insurance
- Ample PTO, paid holidays, and Summer Fridays, as well as the opportunity to purchase additional vacation
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Charitable donations matched by Ross Stores Foundation
- Enhanced maternity and bonding leaves with 100% income replacement
- Parent support programs
- And more....
* eligibility may vary based on level and tenure, subject to change
At Ross & dd's we care about our Associates and the communities we serve. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture that respects, values and celebrates the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us
New York, NY
At Ross Stores, we’ve found that transitioning service members, veterans and military spouses are a great fit for our culture and have the qualities we seek in our Associates. We offer many points of entry, across our entire organization, depending on your service, experience, and interests. We’ll give you a career, a challenge, and a place to call home.
Veterans are comfortable with a culture that focuses on leadership, execution and problem solving, as well as our commitment to providing actionable feedback.
We offer a similar experience to the structure of the military, with an emphasis on control, policy and protocol.
Like the military, we offer many training opportunities through our targeted learning programs and on-the-job training.
We offer the flexibility to control your career by relocating across our many locations for new opportunities.
Our organization is expanding rapidly, which creates many opportunities for individuals who have the desire to grow their career with us.
Whether in one of our Distribution Centers, Stores, Buying Offices or Corporate office, you will find yourself amongst peers that include other veterans and military spouses.