Architectural Designer - Military Veterans
at Parsons Corporation
Req #: R138799
- US - CA, Pasadena
In a world of possibilities, pursue one with endless opportunities. Imagine Next!When it comes to what you want in your career, if you can imagine it, you can do it at Parsons. Imagine a career working with intelligent, diverse people sharing a common quest. Imagine a workplace where you can be yourself. Where you can thrive. Where you can find your next, right now. We’ve got what you’re looking for.
Parsons is looking for an amazingly talented Architectural Designer to join our team! In this role you will get to produce rough sketches and conceptual drawings and graphics and to produce virtual models. In this role, under general direction of a licensed Architect, you will perform a variety of architectural assignments developing your knowledge of architectural design standards, practices, and techniques. The Designers at this level are capable of performing most moderately complex project assignments with direct direction of a licensed Architect.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Produces CAD drawings, renderings, layouts, study models, basic construction documents, and color boards for a variety of architectural tasks.
- We need our Designers at this level to compile information, produce rough sketches and conceptual drawings and graphics and to produce virtual models.
- In this role, under general direction of a licensed Architect, you will perform a variety of architectural assignments developing your knowledge of architectural design standards, practices, and techniques.
- The Designers at this level are capable of performing most moderately complex project assignments with direct direction of a licensed Architect.
What Required Skills You'll Bring:
- Bachelor of Architecture degree from an accredited institution in architecture
- Proficiency in CAD/REVIT and other PC software packages typically associated with architectural practice is required.
- Typically, 3+ years of relevant US experience is preferred.
- Requires entry level working knowledge of architectural standards, practices, and techniques, as well as a demonstrated proficiency in sketching, rendering, modelbuilding, and presentation of drawing.
What Desired Skills You'll Bring:
- Registration in NCARB Intern Development Program required is desired but not required.
- Enrollment and/or completion of related courses for ARE exam is a plus.
US Person, this position is part of our Federal Solutions team.
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:Not Applicable/NoneThis position is part of our Federal Solutions team.Our Federal Solutions segment delivers resources to our US government customers that ensure the success of missions around the globe. Our diverse, intelligent employees drive the state of the art as they provide services and solutions in the areas of defense, security, intelligence, infrastructure, and environmental. We promote a culture of excellence and close-knit teams that take pride in delivering, protecting, and sustaining our nation's most critical assets, from Earth to cyberspace. Throughout the company, our people are anticipating what’s next to deliver the solutions our customers need now.
Salary Range:$24.18 - $42.31We value our employees and want our employees to take care of their overall wellbeing, which is why we offer best-in-class benefits such as medical, dental, vision, paid time off, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), 401(k), life insurance, flexible work schedules, and holidays to fit your busy lifestyle!
The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by customer requirements and some cases federal, state, provincial or local mandates.Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in the workplace. Diversity is ingrained in who we are, how we do business, and is one of our company’s core values. Parsons equally employs representation at all job levels for minority, female, disabled, protected veteran and LGBTQ+.We truly invest and care about our employee’s wellbeing and provide endless growth opportunities as the sky is the limit, so aim for the stars! Imagine next and join the Parsons quest—APPLY TODAY!
Founded in 1944, Parsons, an engineering, construction, technical, and management services firm with revenues of $2.7 billion in 2011, is 100% owned by the Employee Stock Ownership Trust. We conquer the toughest logistical challenges and deliver design/design-build, program/construction management, and other professional services packaged in innovative alternative delivery methods to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide. Parsons is a leader in many diversified markets with a focus on transportation, environmental/infrastructure, and defense/security.