Training Instructor - Military Veterans
Full Time Training Instructor of Armed Security Protective Officers. Serve as the designated Instructor for a specific site in Virginia.
- Provide instruction for Firearms and Tactics courses utilizing prescribed curriculum.
- Update course curriculum as directed by the Training Manager and/or management staff.
- Liaise with managers to determine training needs and schedule training sessions.
- Teach and design effective customized training courses/programs (Site Specific Training).
- Develop a schedule to assess training needs.
- Track and compile collected data.
- Explain and demonstrate use of apparatus and equipment assigned to the site for training purposes.
- Evaluate the abilities of individual participants to determine suitable corrective or remedial training.
- Maintain overall safety and organization of the training environment.
- Ensure the safety of students. Communicates and supervises compliance under the direction of the Training Manager with company policy, procedures, and safety guidelines.
- Ensure accountability for all training equipment.
- Identify in a timely manner training requirements needed to maintain required certifications and company standards and complete all required continuing education and refresher training programs.
- Complete any additional training and/or certifications required by the government or the contract.
- Minimum of five (5) years of training experience in civilian community law enforcement, military service law enforcement, or commercial/industrial security force service.
- Clearance requirements: TS/SCI and must be able to obtain a CI Poly and hold TS/SCI with Poly.
- Strong organizational and computer skills.
- Ability to operate Microsoft Windows based computers and Microsoft applications (i.e., MS Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word).
- Possess appropriate certifications to perform First Aid, CPR, AED, Defensive Tactics, Handcuffing, Baton, OC Spray, and Firearms Instruction.
- Completion of an approved and accredited Principles of Instruction course and Firearms Training through (e.g., NRA, a Police Academy, State POST Academy, FLETC or military training course) preferred.
- DCJS 14E Firearms Instructor Certification is preferred.
Constellis offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Paid Time-Off Program & Company Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Insurance: Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- On-the-job Training, Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
Work is typically based in a busy environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours vary and are based on contract requirements and training schedules.
Must be able to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 100 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching, and bending throughout the workday.
Constellis is a family of companies that delivers complementary mission support, integrated security, tactical training and advisory solutions to governments, multinational corporations and international organizations working in challenging environments worldwide.
Our portfolio of companies comprises ACADEMI, Edinburgh International, International Development Solutions, National Strategic Protective Services, Strategic Social, Tidewater Global Services and Triple Canopy. Each entity operates independently, maintains its own brand and implements a distinct business strategy.
We employ thousands of the industry’s most experienced and best-trained employees, most of whom are military veterans. Headquartered in the United States within the greater Washington, D.C. area, Constellis represents client interests in Africa, Asia, the Americas, Europe and the Middle East.
How We Do Business
At Constellis, we share an ethical approach to business and remain steadfast to our core values of integrity, dignity, excellence and teamwork. Committed to the highest standards of compliance, quality and accountability, we are a trusted partner to our employees, their families, the communities in which we operate, and the clients that we serve.
All our companies abide by an exacting code of ethics, have established records in quality performance and maintain award-winning legal and compliance departments.
Constellis supports a number of global initiatives including the International Code of Conduct for Private Security Companies, the United Nations Global Compact and Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights.