Accountant - Military Veterans
at Danaher Corporation
A wholly owned subsidiary of Danaher Corporation (NYSE: DHR), XOS (www.xos.com) is a leading manufacturer of application-specific X-ray analyzers. In today’s highly competitive environment one of the key differentiators for sustained long term success is an organization’s people. While products, assets, and brand can create a competitive advantage, over time without great people the competition will catch up. This could not be better stated than in one of our core values, The Best Team Wins! Within Danaher, XOS is proud to be one of Danaher's Water Quality companies. Through strong customer partnerships, the water platform advances the quality and delivery of water. Want to help us in this mission?
About The Accountant Role:
The accountant position at XOS is an integral part of the Finance team that drives the business by interacting with all levels of associates at XOS, as well as external stakeholders. Being a member of this team in an opportunity to make an impact on an organization that is helping improve the world around us. This position is part of the talent pipeline that feeds roles of greater responsibility including the Senior Accountant and XOS head of Finance. As such, this role requires dedication and a commitment to continuous improvement. This team, and position, is responsible for maintaining and upgrading the company's financial systems, forecast & budgeting, month-end close, payroll, auditing, internal control compliance, analytical review and more.
What Will I Be Doing?
- Provide support relating to daily Accounting Operations AP and AR functions including generating check runs and initiating wires; troubleshooting as needed
- Together with the finance team ensure the monthly, quarterly, and year-end close requirements are completed on time and with high integrity
- Perform various mid-month and end-of-month processes, including journal entry processing, account analysis and reconciliations
- Contribute at the daily meeting on all finance operating metric reporting
- Maintain and manage the company’s time and attendance application ensuring the accuracy of accrual balances and time reporting
- Process payroll weekly and work with HR to ensure that payroll reports properly maintained, including turn over reporting
- Maintain and manage the company’s travel expense reporting application including administration, processing & reconciliation while also providing support to end users
- Manage accounting aspects of inventory Act as Accounting’s Point of Contact for the annual full physical inventory
What Are The Qualifications?
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree (preferred) in accounting
- The capacity to plan, organize, & complete work / projects correctly and on time
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Independent problem-solving ability
- Technical ability in GL-AP-AR-Payroll
- Adaptability: embrace an environment of change
- Flexibility: able to handle routine tasks of the position in addition to the higher-level responsibilities
- Communication skills: capable of working with all levels within an organization
What Makes Me Stand Out?
- Accounting experience various; experience with Payroll (ADP) a plus.
- Willingness to grow in responsibilities and accelerate one’s career path.
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.
East Greenbush, NY
If you've ever wondered what's within you, there's no better place to find out.
Danaher is a global science and technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life around the world. A global network of more than 25 operating companies, we drive meaningful innovation in some of today’s most dynamic industries through our operating companies in four strategic platforms: Life Sciences, Diagnostics, Water Quality and Product Identification. The engine at the heart of our success is the Danaher Business System (DBS), a set of tools that enables continuous improvement around lean, growth and leadership. Through the ingenuity of our people, the power of DBS and the impact of our meaningful technologies, we help realize life’s potential in ourselves and for those we serve.
OUR SHARED PURPOSE
It started as an idea for a better way, but like all powerful ideas, it evolved into a passion. It’s why at Danaher we view every challenge as an opportunity. And it’s the reason we’re on a constant quest to make things better—for our customers, our company, and the world.
Our Shared Purpose confirms our commitment to helping our customers achieve amazing things and the high standards by which we measure our own success. We innovate forward-looking technologies to solve our customers’ most complex challenges. We are their agents of possibility.
“Helping Realize Life’s Potential is what we’re doing, every day, on a global scale. Think about our businesses and the impact we have: providing clean water, advancing scientific research and personal health, ensuring product safety. Every day, we’re helping improve quality of life around the world.”
-Rainer Blair, President and Chief Executive Officer
-The Best Team Wins: Exceptional people thrive in Danaher's fast-paced, results-oriented culture. And our values start with our people.
- Customers Talk, We Listen: One of our teams’ most important responsibilities is to listen to our customers.
- Kaizen is Our Way of Life: Through Kaizen, or continuous improvement, we address customer needs with actions that benefit the greater good.
- Innovation Defines Our Future: One of the most important ways we drive continuous improvement is through innovation that makes a difference.
- We Compete for Shareholders: By living our core values, we deliver the highest possible value to our shareholders.
What does this look like within different roles? These associates will tell you: https://jobs.danaher.com/global/en/our-difference
Are you ready to take your job to the next level? Check out our careers page here: https://jobs.danaher.com/global/en/join-our-talent-community