Senior Network Engineer - NC - Military Veterans
at World Wide Technology
- Must have Bachelors degree and 12 years' relevant experience.
- Must have an active TS/SCI clearance.
Some WWT customers have a COVID-19 vaccine requirement. In order to work on projects for these customers, employees must be fully vaccinated or have an appropriate religious or medical accommodation.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a commitment at WWT -- it is the foundation of what we do. Through diverse networks and pipelines, we have a clear vision: to create a Great Place to Work for All. We believe inclusion includes U. Be who U are at WWT!
The well-being of WWT employees is essential. So, when it comes to our benefits package, WWT has one of the best. We offer the following benefits to all full-time employees:
- Health and Wellbeing: Health, Dental, and Vision Care, Onsite Health Centers, Employee Assistance Program, Wellness program
- Financial Benefits: Competitive pay, Profit Sharing, 401k Plan with Company Matching, Life and Disability Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off: PTO & Holidays, Parental Leave, Sick Leave, Military Leave, Bereavement
- Additional Perks: Nursing Mothers Benefits, Voluntary Legal, Pet Insurance, Employee Discount Program
World Wide Technology, Inc. offers excellent benefits and competitive compensation. Visit our company web page at www.wwt.com for more information.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Differently abled
World Wide Technology (WWT) is a global technology integrator and supply chain solutions provider. Through our culture of innovation, we inspire, build and deliver business results, from idea to outcome.
Based in St. Louis, WWT works closely with industry leaders such as Cisco, HPE, Dell EMC, NetApp, VMware, Intel, AWS, Microsoft, and F5, focusing on three market segments: Fortune 500 companies, service providers and the public sector. WWT is a $14 billion dollar privately held organization that employs more than 8,000 people and operates in more than 2.5+ million square feet of state-of-the-art warehousing, distribution and integration space strategically located throughout the world.
WWT is proud to announce that it has been named on the FORTUNE "100 Best Places to Work For®" list for the ninth consecutive year and was awarded for multiple categories on Glassdoor’s 2019 Employees' Choice Awards, honoring the Best Places to Work.
Location: FT. Bragg, NC
Duration: 12+ Months
World Wide Technology has an opportunity available for a Network Engineer III at Ft. Bragg, NC to be responsible for installation, configuration, and support of an organization’s local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), Agency Internet Network (AIN), Intranet and Internet and other data communications systems or a segment of a network system.
Other responsibilities include:
- Maintains network hardware and software;
- Monitors network to ensure network availability to all system users and perform necessary maintenance to support network availability;
- May supervise other network support and client server specialists and plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures;
- Provide leadership/mentorship to junior & mid-level network engineers.
- Oversees network control center;
- Provides support to projects that involve networks;
- Performs a full range of complex network designs encompassing multiple technologies within a single network;
- Evaluates new network technologies and makes recommendations to project managers regarding the integration of these technologies into the existing network;
- Plans new configurations for integration into the network, using knowledge of the performance characteristics of the systems being added to the network and the specifications for network interfaces to insure effective integration and optimal network performance;
- Ensures that adequate and appropriate planning is provided for hardware and communications facilities to develop and implement methodologies for analysis, installation and support of voice communications systems;
- Provides support in the translation of business requirements into telecommunications (e.g., LAN, MAN, WAN, Voice and Video) requirements, designs and orders.
Browns Summit, NC
At WWT, we use a proven and innovative approach to help our customers discover, evaluate, architect and implement advanced technology lab testing in our Advanced Technology Center and deploy their solutions rapidly through our global integration centers. But what truly sets us apart is our extraordinary team of highly certified professionals, every one committed to our customers’ long-term goals and success.