Inside Service Technician - Oak Creek, WI - Military Veterans
at The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company
IMMEDIATELY HIRING!!! – APPLY TODAY!!!
We are a service and retreading market leader with over 200 Commercial Tire Centers and Truck Care Centers located across the United States. We have the unique ability to service the largest nationwide commercial fleets while also providing friendly hometown service to regional and local fleets. Our mission statement is 'SERVICE EXCELLENCE – ALWAYS'. Goodyear Commercial Tire & Service Centers (CTSC) are owned by Goodyear — which makes them uniquely qualified to offer you trusted tires, reliable services and powerful management tools to help you lower your operating costs. It's all part of Goodyear's Total Solution for commercial and off-the-road fleets.
As an Inside Service Technician, you will work at a Goodyear Commercial Tire & Service Center location and be accountable for properly and safely performing the tire and related services needed for all commercial tire users both in the commercial trucking industry. We encourage you to allow us to invest in your success as you invest in ours; apply today!
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Service Commercial Tires including dismounting and mounting any type of tire.
- Train to perform match mounting, match mating dual assemblies, and radial runout as necessary.
- Inflating of tires to prescribed PSI per load requirements.
- Determine repairable tire conditions and making such repairs.
- Remove tires for retreading or repair as needed.
- Properly execute required service ticket to submit to management.
- Clean and maintain service equipment.
- Provide "Service Excellence - Always" to meet the service goals of the location and of customers
- Comply with OSHA regulations and safety requirements.
- Wear proper PPE, use tire cages, and follow all other safety policies and procedures.
- Any other duties as assigned by management
- Perform a variety of manual tasks for extended periods of time, which may include light and heavy lifting, including commercial tires and wheels, standing, bending, and squatting
- No relocation is being offered for this position.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 3 months previous Commercial Service Tire or other relevant experience.
- Must possess a mechanical aptitude.
- Strong oral and written communication ability.
- Commitment to follow all safety procedures and work in a safe manner.
- Must be able to work in a results-oriented, fast-paced environment as part of a team.
- Must be a self-starter and willing to take initiative, able and willing to work without direct supervision, and be willing to attend appropriate training sessions.
Oak Creek, WI
- To increase the value of our brands for everyone
- With market-driven innovation
- Delivering the highest quality tires, related products and services for our customers and consumers
- Attracting, developing, motivating and retaining the best team of associates
- Earning and building long lasting relationships with customers, consumers and business partners and exceeding their expectations
- Driving an efficient, aligned and effective organization
- And creating a sustainable business model that consistently delivers a strong return on investment.