Armament Artillery Mechanic - Military Veterans
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Armament Artillery Mechanic
Artillery Mechanic can repair and service towed artillery to include M119A3 and M777A2 Howitzers, M120, M252, M224 Mortar systems and accessories. This position will work with minimal supervision.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reports directly to the Armament supervisor.
- Perform detailed assembly and disassembly of towed Howitzer and mortar systems to include inspection, maintenance, services, rebuilds, and minor repairs.
- Performs detailed disassembly, assembly, inspection, cleaning, maintenance, PMCS, gauging and minor repairs of foreign / domestic small arms and accessories.
- Will perform 10-30 level of maintenance as an operator\maintainer.
- Possesses knowledge of the tools (i.e. hammers, punches, files, stones, etc.) and gauges needed to perform assigned duties. Has limited knowledge in the operation of gun-smiting machinery such as surface grinders, etc.
- Has knowledge of basic shop safety procedures needed to work in a small arms environment and performs support functions for the shop.
- Conduct pre-checks of weapon serviceability prior to the Quality Control Inspection.
- Adhere to ISO Policies, Procedures, and Work Instructions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have 5 years of experience in field level maintenance, with at least 3 years of the experience on towed artillery.
- Prior Military experience in a Field Artillery Unit required (US Army 91F, 13BU6, USMC 2131)
Specialized Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be able to speak English and read/comprehend technical manuals printed in English.
Certification & License: Driver's license may be required.
Work Environment, Physical Demands and Mental Demands:
- Ability to perform job duties efficiently and effectively.
- Must be able to work in extreme environmental conditions including dust and high temperatures.
- Must be able to endure long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions.
- Must be able up to 50 Lbs.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Amentum brings industry-best expertise, processes, and technology to ensure the availability and reliability of our Government and commercial clients’ vital facilities and equipment. We apply our culture of excellence to operate, maintain, and manage your global assets and complex supply chains to meet modern challenges at home and abroad. You get the confidence that comes from a partner with on a century-long heritage of unrelenting dedication to our clients’ missions across the DoD, civilian agencies, and the IC.
We are looking for skilled Veterans interested in continuing your career in aviation, global logistics, IT and Network support, and also unmanned systems.
We currently have positions open nationwide and globally to include: Kuwait, Iraq, and other overseas locations!
Amentum’s skilled workforce lives with outcomes rather than just works on them. Our employees hold the most sought-after certifications in the industry, including Program Management Professional (PMP), IT/Cyber, ITIL, and Professional Scrum Master (PSM). Our teams who maintain and modify vehicles, aircraft, and weapons systems work within disciplined environments certified to AS9001D, ISO 9001:2015, AS9110B, and AS9100C standards.
Whether it’s managing facilities supporting the IC’s classified missions, operating UAVs that protect our soldiers, or maintaining military equipment at remote bases abroad, Amentum has the experience, passion, and commitment to meet your critical needs.
What happens after I apply?
First, you will want to ensure your RecruitMilitary profile is up to date, and you also have the most up to date resume to provide. Once you apply for the role you will be re-directed to complete your employment application on Amentum's career site. Once you complete that application a recruiter will review your skills and qualifications and reach out to you about the role as appropriate.