Security Operation Center (SOC) Analyst (TS/SCI clearance Required) - Military Veterans
at General Dynamics
Responsibilities for this Position
Location: USA VA Newington - Customer Proprietary (VAC395)
Full Part/Time: Full time
Job Req: RQ141111
Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Public Trust/Other Required:
Cybersecurity, Information Security, Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), Security Risk, Security Risk Analysis
CompTIA - Security+ CE - CompTIA
5 + years of related experience
US Citizenship Required:
We are GDIT. We support and secure some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. At GDIT, cyber security is not just a singular part of our mission-it connects every one of us because it's embedded into every aspect of what we do.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by bringing your ideas and unique perspective to our culture. By owning your opportunity at GDIT, you are helping us ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work depends on a Security Operation Center (SOC) Analyst joining our team to support client activities in Newington, VA.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a SOC Analyst supporting the client, you will be trusted to provide "day to day" Tier 1 level support for several networks supporting our client. In this role, a typical day will include:
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Will serve as a SOC Analyst whose primary function is to provide Tier 1 level comprehensive Computer Network Defense, Incident Response support, system monitoring and analysis of potential threat activity targeting the enterprise.
- Monitors and analyzes Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
- Will conduct security event monitoring, advanced analytics and response activities in support of the government's mission.
- Additionally, this candidate must be familiar with intrusion detection systems, intrusion analysis, security information event management platforms, endpoint threat detection tools, and security operations ticket management.
- Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
- Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications, and operating systems.
- Assists with implementation of countermeasures or mitigating controls.
- Conducts regular audits to ensure that systems are being operated securely, and information systems security policies and procedures are being implemented as defined in security plans.
- Develops, tests, and operates firewalls, intrusion detection systems, enterprise antivirus systems and software deployment tools.
- Safeguards the network against unauthorized infiltration, modification, destruction, or disclosure.
- Conducts investigations of information systems security violations and incidents, reporting as necessary to management
- Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
- Implements, enforces, communicates, and develops security policies or plans for data, software applications, hardware, telecommunications, and information systems security education/awareness programs.
- Ensure compliance with regulations and privacy laws.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- 5+ years of INFOSEC experience as a SOC analyst in a cyber security/assessor role.
- A solid understanding of cyber threats and information security risk analysis and strong analytical and communication skills.
- Requires a solid understanding of cyber threats and information security in the domains of TTPs, Threat Actors, Campaigns, and Observables.
- Familiarity with intrusion detection systems, intrusion analysis, security information event management platforms, endpoint threat detection tools, and security operations ticket management.
- Must have analytical and technical skills in computer network defense operations, ability to lead efforts in Incident Handling (Detection, Analysis, Triage), Hunting (anomalous pattern detection and content management) and Malware Analysis.
- Experience and ability to analyze information technology security events to discern events that qualify as legitimate security incidents as opposed to non-incidents. This includes security event triage, incident investigation, implementing countermeasures, and conducting incident response.
- Must be knowledgeable and have hands-on experience with a Security Information and Event Monitoring (SIEM) platforms and/or log management systems that perform log collection, analysis, correlation, and alerting.
- Strong logical/critical thinking abilities, especially analyzing security events (windows event logs, network traffic, IDS events for malicious intent).
- Excellent organizational and attention to details in tracking activities within various Security Operation workflows.
- A working knowledge of the various operating systems (e.g. Windows, OS X, Linux, etc.) commonly deployed in enterprise networks, a conceptual understanding of Windows Active Directory is also required, and a working knowledge of network communications and routing protocols (e.g. TCP, UDP, ICMP, BGP, MPLS, etc.) and common internet applications and standards (e.g. SMTP, DNS, DHCP, SQL, HTTP, HTTPS, etc.).
- Experience with the identification and implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls for deployment and implementation in the enterprise network environment.
- Experience with one or more of the following technologies Network Threat Hunting, Big Data Analytics, Endpoint Threat Detection and Response, SIEM, workflow and ticketing, and Intrusion Detection System.
- Monitors and analyzes Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
- Prefer a BA/BS degree in a STEM field, but technical training and certifications related to the position can be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Must have a current/active DOD TS/SCI Clearance
- Must have a DoD 8570 Level II certifications, like Comptia Security + CE or a CEH certification
- Cloud knowledge (desired)
WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401K with company match
- Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
- Collaborative teams of highly motivated critical thinkers and innovators
- Ability to make a real impact on the world around you
Not sure this job's the one for you? Check out our other openings at gdit.com/careers.
Do you have a friend or colleague this posting describes? Let them know about the opportunity by clicking "Share."
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Less than 10%
USA VA Newington
Additional Work Locations:
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
General Dynamics is a global aerospace and defense company.
Our portfolio spans the realm of the world's most technologically advanced business jets, wheeled combat vehicles, command and control systems and nuclear submarines. We offer these through our five business groups: Aerospace, Combat Systems, Information Technology, Mission Systems and Marine Systems.
General Dynamics employs thousands of people across the globe, with locations in more than 45 countries. We rely on the skills of our employees and their knowledge of customer requirements to deliver best-in-class products and services.
Who We Are Looking For
General Dynamics is seeking military veterans and military spouses across the country who bring a deeply rooted skillset that includes team-oriented approaches to problem-solving, demonstrations of leadership and an overall commitment to the mission of the organization. We recognize the knowledge and skills gained during your military experience are invaluable to the success of a team. We’re proud of the thousands of veterans and military professionals who have chosen to apply their leadership, teamwork and problem-solving skills to a career at General Dynamics and to continue supporting the mission of those serving today.
Should I Apply?
At General Dynamics, our employees are the heart of our company. We rely on their dedication to excellence and their intimate knowledge of customer requirements to meet the needs of customers around the globe, day in and day out. Our employees' unique blend of skill, innovation and agility drives our continued success, and we take our responsibility to them seriously. If you are a military veteran or military spouse ready to advance your career, view our available career opportunities to the right for more information and to apply today!
What Happens After I Apply?
Once you click ‘Apply Now’ on a General Dynamics posting, you will be re-directed to fill out an application on General Dynamics career page. In order to be considered for next steps, please complete the application on General Dynamics career page and make sure you have an updated resume uploaded to your RecruitMilitary profile. Once General Dynamics reviews your resume and profile, a recruiter will reach out to provide you with more information and to schedule you for an interview.
How to Win An Interview
1. Review the job description for the specific position you are applying for.
2. Review the company website. Know their mission and values. What do they do? What are their products?
3. Prepare a few questions to ask on your interview.
4. Prepare to discuss your military or civilian background and how it relates to the position.
5. Check out the RecruitMilitary Resources tab for resume guidance, interview prep and more!