BGS Experienced Structural Design Engineer (Boeing Conversions) - Military Veterans
at The Boeing Company
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.Refer to "Supplemental Information" for further clarification on the use of this job family. In locations where SPEEA representation applies, this job family will be covered by the terms of the collective bargaining agreement. Applicable and appropriate educational/certification credentials from an accredited institution and/or equivalent experience is required.
Export Control Requirements: Not an export control position
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world’s most innovative, diverse and inclusive companies. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space, and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. We are skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, our customers, and the world!
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity, and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful, and inclusive, with great opportunities for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Ukraine is seeking an Experienced Structural Design Engineer to join Boeing Conversions (Structures) team located in Kyiv, Ukraine.
On this position, you will provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Develop solutions that are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organizational objectives. You will represent the organization by providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
- Master’s Degree in aerospace or other higher technical education.
- 5+ years of aviation engineering work experience.
- Experience in CAD/CAM systems (Catia or equivalent).
- Knowledge of materials strengths and properties.
- Knowledge of aircraft structure.
- Knowledge of aircraft design criteria, loading conditions, and processes.
- Solid communicator, intermediate in both written and verbal English.
- Must be legally able to work in Ukraine.
- Knowledge of 737/767 structures and drawing/data systems.
- Knowledge of assembly and production processes, and manufacturing capabilities.
- Knowledge of material processing for metals (e.g., welding forging, heat treat, machining, forming), polymers and composites, sealants, and finishes processing.
- Knowledge of structural repair principles (e.g., fatigue and corrosion, stress analysis, statics, materials strength, material characteristics, repair techniques). Knowledge of structural repair, overhaul, nondestructive inspection, corrosion control, and composites.
- Able to work collaboratively with a multi-functional team and work flexible hours to meet business needs.
- Assist to develop, integrate and document structural and interior payload system requirements to establish the system design.
- Develop, maintain, and modify basic structural and interior payload system and component designs, using 3-D Computer Aided Design tools and/or other design methods, to provide product definition to other engineering groups, production operations, suppliers and external customers throughout the product lifecycle.
- Assist with supplier development, test and production activities, and coordination with the supplier to optimize the design and achieve program goals.
- Support investigation of emerging technologies to develop concepts for future product designs to meet projected requirements. Works under general supervision.
- Support structural stress team.
- Support Boeing Conversions activity.
- Teach less experienced engineers.
- Technical rigor and focus on excellence.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
At Boeing, we care deeply about the well-being of every employee. Some of the benefits open to you include:
- Market competitive salary and bonuses
- Medical insurance for you and your family (Health plan includes medical, surgical, and dental care, planned and emergency inpatient treatment, ambulance service, and prescription drugs)
- Life insurance
- Sport reimbursement
- Well-being support
- Professional skills development via educational assistance program and certification
- Benefit from Employee Recognition Program
- Cooperate and exchange knowledge with the world-class global engineering team
- Broaden your experience in international aviation projects, technical workshops, and hackathons.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics, or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Ph.D., Master+3 years' related work experience).
This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
At Boeing, not only do we deliver innovative and agile equipment, capability and services to our nation’s military, we are committed to making sure that our military forces continue to have the advantage after their service is done.
We understand that transitioning from Military to Civilian life is challenging. The Boeing Military and Veterans Program (MVP) team can help.
Why join the Boeing family? You can work with advanced technologies that make the world a better place. We offer a wide range of benefits, including market-leading health and retirement plans, generous tuition assistance, paid time off, and programs that support you, your family and your community.
We’re a diverse team that is united in pushing the boundaries of imagination and excellence. Additionally, Veterans make up nearly 15% of our U.S. Workforce; since 2010 we have hired more than 13,500 Veterans. You will be in great company.
As a veteran/military family member, we would like to communicate with you directly about career opportunities and the support needed to join the Boeing family!
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.