Systems Engineer - Military Veterans
at General Dynamics
Responsibilities for this Position
Location: USA FL Tampa - 6801 S Dale Mabry Hwy (FLC110)
Full Part/Time: Full time
Job Req: RQ134430
Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Top Secret SCI + Polygraph
Public Trust/Other Required:
Linux, McAfee, Systems Engineering, Virtualization
CompTIA - Security+ - CompTIA
5 + years of related experience
US Citizenship Required:
The Systems Engineer manages and monitors all installed Information Technology Systems and infrastructure, as well as installs, configures, tests and performs routine maintenance on operating systems, application software and system management tools to ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability. Performs administrative operation and maintenance functions of server hardware and software. Maintains system security and executes common practices and procedures. Monitors usage statistics and logs. Maintains baseline configurations and performs modification of configuration settings. Institutes troubleshooting and incident response procedures. Troubleshoots system related problems. Remains current in operating systems/software analysis and technological developments and applications. Recommends future direction or projects to management. Provides expertise and direction in the development or modification of software programs and applications to enhance an operating system. Develop and maintain documentation on new and existing systems.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience with Virtualization, Windows, Storage, Linux, and McAfee
- Has full technical knowledge of all phases of systems engineering
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint, SQL, SCCM, and Active Directory
- Well versed with Windows-based server operating systems, as well as common Virtualization technologies
- Analyzes complex information and independently takes appropriate actions to resolve problems
- Guides system development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of system engineering management plans and system integration and test plans
- Develops technical documentation, system architecture, and system design documentation
- Evaluates, develops, and delivers technical input to the systems engineering process
- Validates the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Systems Engineering area of responsibility
- Excellent communication skills; shows tact, effective listening skills and follow through
- Detail oriented and organized
- Able to identify and resolve problems or inadequacies of systems engineering
- Experience identifying, analyzing, and resolving system problems
- Designs and delivers solutions
- Must have 5+years of related work experience
- BA/BS in Information Technology related field or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- DoD 8570.01 certification required - Security+, or higher
- Microsoft Systems Engineer Associate (MCSA)
- Microsoft Systems Engineer Expert (MCSE)
- Certified Systems Engineering Professional (CSEP)
- Must have fully adjudicated Top Secret-SCI security clearance
- CI/Polygraph may be required after hire
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Less than 10%
USA FL Tampa
Additional Work Locations:
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
General Dynamics is a global aerospace and defense company.
Our portfolio spans the realm of the world's most technologically advanced business jets, wheeled combat vehicles, command and control systems and nuclear submarines. We offer these through our five business groups: Aerospace, Combat Systems, Information Technology, Mission Systems and Marine Systems.
General Dynamics employs thousands of people across the globe, with locations in more than 45 countries. We rely on the skills of our employees and their knowledge of customer requirements to deliver best-in-class products and services.
Who We Are Looking For
General Dynamics is seeking military veterans and military spouses across the country who bring a deeply rooted skillset that includes team-oriented approaches to problem-solving, demonstrations of leadership and an overall commitment to the mission of the organization. We recognize the knowledge and skills gained during your military experience are invaluable to the success of a team. We’re proud of the thousands of veterans and military professionals who have chosen to apply their leadership, teamwork and problem-solving skills to a career at General Dynamics and to continue supporting the mission of those serving today.
Should I Apply?
At General Dynamics, our employees are the heart of our company. We rely on their dedication to excellence and their intimate knowledge of customer requirements to meet the needs of customers around the globe, day in and day out. Our employees' unique blend of skill, innovation and agility drives our continued success, and we take our responsibility to them seriously. If you are a military veteran or military spouse ready to advance your career, view our available career opportunities to the right for more information and to apply today!
What Happens After I Apply?
Once you click ‘Apply Now’ on a General Dynamics posting, you will be re-directed to fill out an application on General Dynamics career page. In order to be considered for next steps, please complete the application on General Dynamics career page and make sure you have an updated resume uploaded to your RecruitMilitary profile. Once General Dynamics reviews your resume and profile, a recruiter will reach out to provide you with more information and to schedule you for an interview.
How to Win An Interview
1. Review the job description for the specific position you are applying for.
2. Review the company website. Know their mission and values. What do they do? What are their products?
3. Prepare a few questions to ask on your interview.
4. Prepare to discuss your military or civilian background and how it relates to the position.
5. Check out the RecruitMilitary Resources tab for resume guidance, interview prep and more!