Pharmacy Technician - Military Veterans
Job ID 1115375BR
- In accordance with state and federal regulations, assists the pharmacist, under direct supervision, in the practice of pharmacy. Assists the pharmacist in the performance of other Pharmacy Department duties in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for using pharmacy systems to obtain patient and drug information and process prescriptions. If PTCB or ExCPT certified, assists with and coaches pharmacy technicians in the operation of pharmacy systems and cashiers in the operation of the pharmacy cash registers.
- Models and delivers a distinctive and delightful customer experience.
- Engages customers and patients by greeting them and offering assistance with products and services. Resolves customer issues and answers questions to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Models and shares customer service best practices with all team members to deliver a distinctive and delightful customer experience, including interpersonal habits (e.g., greeting, eye contact, courtesy, etc.) and Walgreens service traits (e.g., offering help proactively, identifying needs, servicing until satisfied, etc.).
- Develops strong relationships with most valuable customers.
- Under the supervision by the pharmacist, assist in the practice of pharmacy, in accordance with state, federal, and company policy. Reviews and complies with the Walgreen Co. Pharmacy Code of Conduct.
- Performs duties as assigned by Pharmacy Manager, Staff Pharmacist and Store Manager including utilizing pharmacy systems to enter patient and drug information, ensuring information is entered correctly, filling prescriptions by retrieving, counting and pouring pharmaceutical drugs, verifying medicine is correct, and checking for possible interactions. Assists pharmacists in scheduling and maintaining work flow.
- Reports, immediately, prescription errors to pharmacist on duty and adheres to Company policies and procedures in relation to pharmacy errors and the Quality Improvement Program.
- Strictly adheres to the Walgreen Co. policy regarding Good Faith Dispensing during all applicable prescription dispensing activities.
- Responsible and accountable for registering all related sales on assigned cash register, collects and handles cash as required. Takes customer to OTC aisle when possible to assist in locating products.
- Handles telephone calls that do not require personal attention of the pharmacist, including those to physicians.
- Processes (corrects and resubmits) manual claims for third party program prescription services in a timely and efficient manner, and performs other clerical duties, as assigned by the Pharmacy Manager.
- Assists and supports Pharmacy Department on inventory management activities, such as, ordering, unpacking, checking and storing shipment of pharmaceuticals. Maintains knowledge of Company asset protection techniques, and files claims for warehouse overages (merchandise received, but not billed), shortages (merchandise billed, but not received), order errors or damaged goods involving Rx drugs.
- May assist pharmacist in administering clinical services including the collection and proper labeling of blood/urine samples from patients and other clinical services as required; assists pharmacy staff in coordination of clinical services, Walgreens healthcare clinics and external providers.
- Assists Pharmacy Manager and Staff Pharmacist in developing and maintaining good relationships with the local medical community, including physicians, nurses, and other health care providers, by medical provider detailing and outreach to health groups, retirement homes, nursing homes, and other forums for enhancing growth opportunities.
- Assists with exterior and interior maintenance by ensuring the Pharmacy Department is stocked with adequate supplies, clean, neat and orderly in condition and appearance.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures; maintains respectful relationships with coworkers.
- Completes special assignments and other tasks as assigned.
- Earns and maintains PTCB or ExCPT certification through the designated PTCB training program and/or state required certification/registration. Otherwise, earns PTCB or ExCPT certification as condition of promotion to senior technician.
- Attends training and completes PPLs requested by Manager and acquires continuing education credits. Maintains knowledge and skill in healthcare and pharmacy, including latest news and developments.
- Must be fluent in reading, writing, and speaking English. (Except in Puerto Rico)
- Requires willingness to work flexible schedule, including evening and weekend hours.
• Prefer six months of experience in a retail environment.
• Prefer to have prior work experience with Walgreens.
• Prefer good math skills so they can fill prescriptions accurately, including counting, measuring and weighing medications.
• Prefer good computer skills.
• Prefer the knowledge of store inventory control.
• Prefer PTCB or ExCPT certification.
The following information is applicable for San Francisco, CA applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
This information is being provided to promote pay transparency and equal employment opportunities at Walgreens. The current salary range for this position is $14.50- $29.00 / hour. The actual hourly salary within this range that you will be offered will depend on a variety of factors including geography, skills and abilities, education, experience and other relevant factors.
Pleasant Hill, CA
LIFE AT WALGREENS
No matter where you are, life at Walgreens is driven by a culture of helping others. From our store aisles and warehouses to our HQ and technology hub, there’s a spirit of excitement and innovation everywhere you look. A career at Walgreens means joining a company that’s been dedicated to our customers and the communities we serve for over 120 years.
RED, WHITE, AND BLUE ARE OUR COLORS TOO!
We’ve made a big commitment to hiring veterans for our team. But this is more than just a pledge. We’re backing it up with the kinds of things you need to successfully transition into the next stage of your career – like training, educational opportunities and support. After all, we’re counting on you to help the thousands of people we serve in our communities. So, you can count on us every step of the way.
Our HERO Program (Helping Veterans with Educational and Retail Opportunities) – created specifically for those who have served – can set you on a path to store management. Whether you join our team as a shift lead, emerging store manager, pharmacy operations manager or store manager unassigned, you’ll get the tools and support to succeed, including on-the-job training, mentorship, Walgreens University courses and instructor-led workshops.
GET YOUR BACHELORS DEGREE, AND REACH YOUR EDUCATIONAL GOALS
As a veteran in our HERO program, you can earn your bachelor’s degree through our educational partner, Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU). SNHU is approved for VA educational benefits and accepts transfer credits from prior education and your military training. You’ll even get exclusive tuition savings and you can work toward your degree in flexible eight-week terms with support from a dedicated team of advisors with experience in every branch of the military.