Distinguished Engineer, Web and App Technologies - Military Veterans
at CVS Health
In this role, you will elevate the landscape of digital applications by bringing in new ideas, designs, technologies and exemplary code to contribute to a variety of strategic customer experience improvements. You’ll be evangelizing the future vision of digital engineering by brainstorming with architects, product managers, data scientists and fellow engineers to build data products used to improve the health outcomes of millions of people. The ideal candidate will be a strong analytical and critical thinker, and be able to simplify complex problems, processes or projects into component parts explore and evaluate them systematically. You will be developing cutting edge and highly complex applications.
• Creates and evangelizes visionary engineering roadmaps which will advance the team towards engineering goals; Oversees the execution by cross-functional teams.
• Pioneer the use of new and cutting-edge code and technology
• Designs innovative and highly complex software architecture and participates in setting vision for software development for organization
• Be the leader in making informed technical decisions quickly and take ownership of applications at scale
• Oversees the development and implementation of code for unprecedented and/or highly complex software applications Use your unique renown technical expertise to make recommendations for continuous improvement
• Be the thought leader and coach who supports and develops software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities
• Extensive experience with professional software engineering to apply best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations
• Participate in design reviews and recommend improvements
• Work with other Engineers in planning, prioritizing and performing assigned tasks within deadlines
• Be an advocate for and implementor of security best practices
The typical pay range for this role is:
This pay range represents the base hourly rate or base annual full-time salary for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual base salary offer will depend on a variety of factors including experience, education, geography and other relevant factors. This position is eligible for a CVS Health bonus, commission or short-term incentive program in addition to the base pay range listed above. This position also includes an award target in the company’s equity award program.
In addition to your compensation, enjoy the rewards of an organization that puts our heart into caring for our colleagues and our communities. The Company offers a full range of medical, dental, and vision benefits. Eligible employees may enroll in the Company's 401(k) retirement savings plan, and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan is also available for eligible employees. The Company provides a fully-paid term life insurance plan to eligible employees, and short-term and long term disability benefits. CVS Health also offers numerous well-being programs, education assistance, free development courses, a CVS store discount, and discount programs with participating partners. As for time off, Company employees enjoy Paid Time Off (PTO) or vacation pay, as well as paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Number of paid holidays, sick time and other time off are provided consistent with relevant state law and Company policies.
For more detailed information on available benefits, please visit
• 15+ years of software development in App and web technologies
• 10+ years of experience and ability to do hands on development work in React/ Angular/ Android (Kotlin)/ iOS (Swift)
• 3+ years of experience with cloud computing technologies.
• 3+ years of experience with test-driven development and automated testing frameworks.
• 3+ years of experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies
• 3+ Have contributed to open source projects or industry standards, or hold patents in your area of expertise.
• Experience with cloud technologies containers orchestration technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, RKS
• Self-starter who can see the big picture and prioritize their work to make the largest impact on the business and customers vision and requirements
• Understand security threats and patterns and ensure adherence to all regulatory initiatives, HIPAA, PHI, PII, locational and contractual data restrictions.
• Ability to identify a vision along with the plans, which need to be implemented to meet the end goal, evaluating situations, decisions and issues in the short, medium and long term.
• Able to influence and present sound and well-reasoned positions to persuade individuals in a way that results in agreement or behavior change
• Experience in having architected, designed, delivered and operationalized scalable microservices-based web/ webservices applications in cloud native environments
• Advanced Degree
• Bachelor's Degree
Bring your heart to CVS Health Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver. Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable. We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. See Job Description
Continue serving and work with a purpose
As a CVS Health colleague, you'll find career opportunities across the organization and at every stage of your career. More important, your work will have an impactful purpose on someone's life, including your own. Learn more about how you can continue serving on your next mission at CVS Health.
Careers for Veterans and Military Spouses
"The military has an ethos that is grounded in purpose-driven service that’s bigger than the individual. The same holds true for us at CVS Health. You can talk to colleagues in any part of our business and they will be able to articulate our company’s purpose. Working here provides an opportunity for service members and military spouses to continue to serve, just in a civvies."