Field Service Engineer IV (C4) - Military Veterans
at Applied Materials
** Future Opportunity - Please submit your application to be considered for future opportunities **
Performs startups through Tier III including process qualifications with assistance. Understands all qualifications performed on tool and verifies operational quality (process qualification) of systems equipment including ability to use customer’s metrology equipment. Plans for and completes all levels of preventative and corrective maintenance within timelines. Troubleshoots key technical issues at the component level. Diagnose and recommends solutions for complex system downs. Uses process data to diagnose hardware problems. Resolves some sustaining process issues on well characterized tools.
Troubleshoots key technical issues at the component level. Uses routine process data and on site data logging functions to diagnose system downs. Diagnoses and resolves hardware and software issues. May resolve sustaining process issues with assistance or on very well characterized tools.
Performs complex retrofits. May occasionally organize and lead retrofit activities.
Ensures the correct revs of procedures and schematics. Identifies and corrects procedural issues. Applies global best practices to solve problems for their customer. Occasionally contributes to global best practices. Creates methodologies and procedures as necessary. Participates in patent processes/discussions and documents IP as appropriate.
Anticipates and responds to fab issues including communicating with CE’s in other locations. Drives corrective processes through key stakeholders (PBG, Customer Spec owners, ECO owners, GPS, etc.) or escalates as appropriate. Communicates findings to others and provides suggestions to improve checklists and procedures. Participates in customer meetings and escalations.
Within assigned scope, assist management in operation of site service business. Assists Applied Materials field management in establishing and achieving objectives for assigned accounts. Keeps field management informed on customer perception of system performance. Takes initiative to avoid and resolve customer problems. May occasionally initiate projects to drive down costs or increase uptime.
Provides technical guidance to less experienced CE’s on complex system problems including sustaining process issues. Instructs customers in the operation and maintenance of system.
Follows all checklists and procedures, including safety.
- Has developed depth of skills in a range of processes, procedures and systems, or acts as the technical expert in an area
- Uses knowledge of how related teams impact achievement of objectives
- Understands the impact of various actions/decisions on the account(s). Takes initiative to avoid and resolve customer problems.
- May act as a team lead, may allocate work to more junior team member; provides subject matter guidance to more junior team members
- Gathers and analyzes data to identify and solve problems that arise with little or no precedent
- Impacts own team and other teams whose work activities are closely related; suggests improvements to existing processes and solutions to improve the efficiency of the team
- Evaluates and communicates technical content in a clear manner
Years of Experience:
7 - 10 Years
Yes, 20% of the Time
U.S. Salary Range:
$40.00 - $55.00
The salary offered to a selected candidate will be based on a number of factors including location and level and will vary depending on confirmed job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, candidates may be eligible for other forms of compensation such as participation in a bonus and a stock award program, as applicable.
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
A global leader in the nanomanufacturing technology solutions for the electronics industry, Applied Materials is built on the strength of talented people. We offer a wide variety of job opportunities for experienced professionals and recent college students/graduates that will capitalize on your current skills while broadening your experience and engaging you in a dynamic, fast-changing industry.
Here, you will work in community to achieve a common goal and encounter exciting new challenges every day. Our company is continually evolving: implementing innovations to make semiconductors more portable, powerful, and affordable than ever before.
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Paternity Leave
- Custom Work Station
- Disability Insurance
- Gym/ Wellness Reimbursement
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Maternity Leave
- Paid Time Off
- Sick Leave
- On Site Gym/ Fitness Classes, Clinic (Site Dependent)
What Happens After I Apply?
Once you click ‘Apply Now’ on an Applied Materials job posting, you will either be re-directed to fill out an application on Applied Materials' career page or be given a confirmation of submission. If you get redirected, please complete the application on the career page and make sure you have an updated resume uploaded to your RecruitMilitary profile. Once Applied Materials reviews your resume and profile, a recruiter will reach out to provide you with more information and to schedule you for an interview.
How to Win An Interview
1. Review the job description for the specific position you are applying for.
2. Review the company website. Know their mission and values. What do they do? What are their products?
3. Prepare a few questions to ask on your interview.
4. Prepare to discuss your military or civilian background and how it relates to the position.
5. Check out the RecruitMilitary Resources tab for resume guidance, interview prep and more!