Test Engineer -Non Nuc Test - Mechanical - Military Veterans
at General Dynamics
Responsibilities for this Position
Test Engineer -Non Nuc Test - Mechanical
Job ID: 2023-9600
# of Openings: 6
EB Groton Shipyard
Safety - People - Quality - Shipbuilding Velocity
Shipyard Test Organization (D272) is seeking highly motivated candidates to lead and instruct STO-Mechanical Testers in the safe conduct of Virginia Class Steam and Electric Plant systems, Weapons, and Hull, Mechanical and Auxiliary systems which may include testing on Sea Trials. The successful candidate will be skilled in the proper planning and preparation required to execute Non-Nuclear Testing in accordance with testing guidelines with the highest level of formality and procedural compliance.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Test sequence planning in accordance with Virginia Class playbook
- Facilitate instruction of Mechanical Testers on the deck plate
- Ability to accomplish complex testing and troubleshooting of Steam Plant, HPA, Weapons and Hydraulic systems
- Complete Test Form review and participate in Surveillance program
- Conduct professional interface with variance entities as needed: Nuclear Test, USN, NAVSEA, Naval Reactors, Engineering, and Vendors
- Ability to achieve and maintain Qualifications in Virginia Class Steam and Electric Plant
- Ability to read, interpret and teach isometric and mechanical system diagram knowledge to perform Lockout/Tag-out of ship systems in accordance with shipyard standard procedures
- Demonstrate proper operation of ships systems both on hull and in learning module setting
- Operate with the highest level of integrity and formality with strict compliance on material history and handling
- Flexible schedule to accommodate major milestone and key event testing as required
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- 2+ years experience in Mechanical Test, Shipyard Test or equivalent Navy or Military experience
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering; other Engineering disciplines will be considered
- Naval Nuclear Propulsion Program Experience
- Candidates should be able to read & work from system diagrams, blue prints and schematics
- Current DOD Secret Clearance
General Dynamics is a global aerospace and defense company.
Our portfolio spans the realm of the world's most technologically advanced business jets, wheeled combat vehicles, command and control systems and nuclear submarines. We offer these through our five business groups: Aerospace, Combat Systems, Information Technology, Mission Systems and Marine Systems.
General Dynamics employs thousands of people across the globe, with locations in more than 45 countries. We rely on the skills of our employees and their knowledge of customer requirements to deliver best-in-class products and services.
Who We Are Looking For
General Dynamics is seeking military veterans and military spouses across the country who bring a deeply rooted skillset that includes team-oriented approaches to problem-solving, demonstrations of leadership and an overall commitment to the mission of the organization. We recognize the knowledge and skills gained during your military experience are invaluable to the success of a team. We’re proud of the thousands of veterans and military professionals who have chosen to apply their leadership, teamwork and problem-solving skills to a career at General Dynamics and to continue supporting the mission of those serving today.
Should I Apply?
At General Dynamics, our employees are the heart of our company. We rely on their dedication to excellence and their intimate knowledge of customer requirements to meet the needs of customers around the globe, day in and day out. Our employees' unique blend of skill, innovation and agility drives our continued success, and we take our responsibility to them seriously. If you are a military veteran or military spouse ready to advance your career, view our available career opportunities to the right for more information and to apply today!
What Happens After I Apply?
Once you click ‘Apply Now’ on a General Dynamics posting, you will be re-directed to fill out an application on General Dynamics career page. In order to be considered for next steps, please complete the application on General Dynamics career page and make sure you have an updated resume uploaded to your RecruitMilitary profile. Once General Dynamics reviews your resume and profile, a recruiter will reach out to provide you with more information and to schedule you for an interview.
How to Win An Interview
1. Review the job description for the specific position you are applying for.
2. Review the company website. Know their mission and values. What do they do? What are their products?
3. Prepare a few questions to ask on your interview.
4. Prepare to discuss your military or civilian background and how it relates to the position.
5. Check out the RecruitMilitary Resources tab for resume guidance, interview prep and more!