Training Instructor - Military Veterans
Full Time Training Instructor of armed security officers. Serve as the designated Instructor for multiple contract training compliance requirements.
- Provides instruction for Firearms and Tactics courses utilizing prescribed curriculum.
- Updates course curriculum as directed by Sr. F & T Instructor and/or management staff.
- Teaches customized training courses.
- Conducts mobile training.
- Explains and demonstrates use of apparatus and equipment.
- Evaluates the abilities of individual participants to determine suitable corrective or remedial training.
- Maintains overall safety and organization of the training environment.
- Ensures safety of students. Communicates and oversees compliance with company policy, procedures, and safety guidelines.
- Ensures accountability for all training equipment.
- Identifies in a timely manner training requirements needed to maintain required certifications and company standards and completes all required continuing education and refresher training programs.
- Completes any additional training and/or certifications required by the government or the contract.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of five (5) years of training experience in civilian community law enforcement, military service law enforcement, or commercial/industrial security force service.
- Strong organizational and computer skills
- Possess appropriate certifications to perform First Aid, CPR, AED, Defensive Tactics, Handcuffing, Baton, OC Spray, and firearms instructions
- Completion of an approved and accredited Principles of Instruction course and Firearms Training through (e.g. NRA, a Police Academy, State POST Academy, FLETC or military training course) preferred
Constellis offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Paid Time-Off Program & Company Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Insurance: Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- On-the-job Training, Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
Work is typically based in a busy environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours vary and are based on contract requirements and training schedules.
Must be able to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 100 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching, and bending throughout the workday.
Constellis is a family of companies that delivers complementary mission support, integrated security, tactical training and advisory solutions to governments, multinational corporations and international organizations working in challenging environments worldwide.
Our portfolio of companies comprises ACADEMI, Edinburgh International, International Development Solutions, National Strategic Protective Services, Strategic Social, Tidewater Global Services and Triple Canopy. Each entity operates independently, maintains its own brand and implements a distinct business strategy.
We employ thousands of the industry’s most experienced and best-trained employees, most of whom are military veterans. Headquartered in the United States within the greater Washington, D.C. area, Constellis represents client interests in Africa, Asia, the Americas, Europe and the Middle East.
How We Do Business
At Constellis, we share an ethical approach to business and remain steadfast to our core values of integrity, dignity, excellence and teamwork. Committed to the highest standards of compliance, quality and accountability, we are a trusted partner to our employees, their families, the communities in which we operate, and the clients that we serve.
All our companies abide by an exacting code of ethics, have established records in quality performance and maintain award-winning legal and compliance departments.
Constellis supports a number of global initiatives including the International Code of Conduct for Private Security Companies, the United Nations Global Compact and Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights.