Sr. Radar SME - Military Veterans
at Parsons Corporation
Req #: R138179
- US - MD, Aberdeen
In a world of possibilities, pursue one with endless opportunities. Imagine Next!When it comes to what you want in your career, if you can imagine it, you can do it at Parsons. Imagine a career working with intelligent, diverse people sharing a common quest. Imagine a workplace where you can be yourself. Where you can thrive. Where you can find your next, right now. We’ve got what you’re looking for.
As a member of the team, the Senior Radar SME will have opportunities to influence the next generation of radar systems, signal and data processing technologies, algorithms, and electronic protection techniques as applied to variety of missions including Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR), Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR), Foliage Penetrating radar (FOPEN), Moving Target Indicator (MTI), Air Surveillance, and Force Protection [Counterfire Target Acquisition (CTA)] radar systems. The SME must be a senior engineer with highly relevant experience in radar systems and technologies, signal processing techniques, and radar systems test and evaluation. The SME will provide technical expertise, mentoring, training and advice to government and contractor engineers in: 1) systems engineering; 2) laboratory and field testing; 3) concept evaluation; 4) technology evaluation; 5) measures of operational effectiveness; 6) knowledge of both low and high frequency radar systems; 7) advisement and engineering technical support; and 8) trade studies.
This position requires U.S. citizenship. A Secret clearance is required.
Qualifications and Skills
- BS (MS preferred) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or similar field
- 15+ years of experience in radar system design, development, engineering, test, evaluation, and data analysis
- 15+ years of systems engineering experience with radar, RF, and C5ISR systems
- 15+ years of experience in the development of test plans, procedures and schedules, conducting tests, and generating reports detailing laboratory and field tests/demonstrations
- Ability to conduct technical training and mentoring in a wide variety of radar concepts and radar-related topics
- Experience in the preparation of technical reports, technical briefings, technical drawings, system developmental schedules, and performance specifications, and in presenting results to senior management
- Must have an active Secret clearance and be eligible for a Department of Defense TS/SCI level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship while working in support of a government contract
- Experience in reviewing engineering design documentation (as part of the configuration control and design process) and interface control documents
- Experience as a Senior Engineer providing technical oversight to radar development programs
- Experience serving as a university adjunct faculty member, lecturer, or professor
- Understanding of MATLAB, C/C++/C#, or Java programming languages to develop algorithms and M&S environments
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (or related field) and typically 10+ years of related work experience. Professional Engineer registration may be required.
Potential to perform in a lead capacity, excellent written and oral communications skills, and a familiarity of industry practices and regulations are required. Must also possess a thorough knowledge of current technology and be able to select and apply appropriate engineering software for use on project.
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:Not Applicable/NoneThis position is part of our Federal Solutions team.Our Federal Solutions segment delivers resources to our US government customers that ensure the success of missions around the globe. Our diverse, intelligent employees drive the state of the art as they provide services and solutions in the areas of defense, security, intelligence, infrastructure, and environmental. We promote a culture of excellence and close-knit teams that take pride in delivering, protecting, and sustaining our nation's most critical assets, from Earth to cyberspace. Throughout the company, our people are anticipating what’s next to deliver the solutions our customers need now.
Salary Range:$92,200.00 - $161,400.00We value our employees and want our employees to take care of their overall wellbeing, which is why we offer best-in-class benefits such as medical, dental, vision, paid time off, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), 401(k), life insurance, flexible work schedules, and holidays to fit your busy lifestyle!
The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by customer requirements and some cases federal, state, provincial or local mandates.Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in the workplace. Diversity is ingrained in who we are, how we do business, and is one of our company’s core values. Parsons equally employs representation at all job levels for minority, female, disabled, protected veteran and LGBTQ+.We truly invest and care about our employee’s wellbeing and provide endless growth opportunities as the sky is the limit, so aim for the stars! Imagine next and join the Parsons quest—APPLY TODAY!
Founded in 1944, Parsons, an engineering, construction, technical, and management services firm with revenues of $2.7 billion in 2011, is 100% owned by the Employee Stock Ownership Trust. We conquer the toughest logistical challenges and deliver design/design-build, program/construction management, and other professional services packaged in innovative alternative delivery methods to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide. Parsons is a leader in many diversified markets with a focus on transportation, environmental/infrastructure, and defense/security.