Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) - Military Veterans
at ManTech International Corporation
Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At ManTech International Corporation, you’ll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement. Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) III to join the team in Colorado Springs, CO.
Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) III
The ISSO is responsible for ensuring the appropriate operational security posture is maintained for an information system and as such, works in close collaboration with the ISSM and ISO. The position shall have the detailed knowledge and expertise required to manage the security aspects of an information system and, in many organizations, is assigned responsibility for the day-to-day security operations of a system. This also will include physical and environmental protection, personnel security, incident handling, and security training and awareness. It will be required to work in close coordination with the ISSM and ISO in monitoring the information system(s) and its environment of operation to include developing and updating the authorization documentation, implementing configuration management across authorization boundaries. This will include assessing the security impact of those changes and making recommendation to the ISSM. The primary function is working within Special Access Programs (SAPs) supporting Department of Defense (DoD) agencies, such as HQ Air Force, Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) and Military Compartments efforts. The position will provide “day-to-day” support for Collateral, Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) and Special Access Program (SAP) activities.
Performance shall include:
- Assist the ISSM in meeting their duties and responsibilities
- Prepare, review, and update authorization packages
- Ensure approved procedures are in place for clearing, sanitizing, and destroying various types of hardware and media
- Notify ISSM when changes occur that might affect the authorization determination of the information system(s)
- Conduct periodic reviews of information systems to ensure compliance with the security authorization package
- Coordinate any changes or modifications to hardware, software, or firmware of a system with the ISSM and AO/DAO prior to the change
- Monitor system recovery processes to ensure security features and procedures are properly restored and functioning correctly
- Ensure all IS security-related documentation is current and accessible to properly authorized individuals
- Ensure audit records are collected, reviewed, and documented (to include any anomalies)
- Attend required technical and security training (e.g., operating system, networking, security management) relative to assigned duties
- Execute the cyber security portion of the self-inspection, to include provide security coordination and review of all system assessment plans
- Identify cyber security vulnerabilities and assist with the implementation of the countermeasures for them
- Prepare reports on the status of security safeguards applied to computer systems
- Perform ISSO duties in support of in-house and external customers
- Conduct continuous monitoring activities for authorization boundaries under your preview
- Assist Department of Defense, National Agency and Contractor organizations with the development of assessment and authorization (A&A) efforts
- 5+ years related experience required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (4 years) required
- Prior performance in roles such as System, Network Administrator or ISSO preferred
- Must meet position and certification requirements outlined in DoD Directive 8570.01-M for Information Assurance Technician Level II or Information Assurance Manager II within 6 months of the date of hire.
- Current TS/SCI
- Eligibility for access to Special Access Program Information
- Willingness to submit to a Counterintelligence polygraph
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50%.
- Needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer.
- Frequently communicates with co-workers, management, and customers, which may involve delivering presentations. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
For all positions requiring access to technology/software source code that is subject to export control laws, employment with the company is contingent on either verifying U.S.-person status or obtaining any necessary license. The applicant will be required to answer certain questions for export control purposes, and that information will be reviewed by compliance personnel to ensure compliance with federal law. ManTech may choose not to apply for a license for such individuals whose access to export-controlled technology or software source code may require authorization and may decline to proceed with an applicant on that basis alone.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.
Colorado Springs, CO
In business for more than half a century, ManTech has provided advanced mission-focused technology solutions and services for every branch of the federal government: Intelligence, Federal Civilian and Defense agencies.
We solve their toughest homeland and national security challenges – cost-efficiently, at speed, where our customers are – land, sea, air, space, cyberspace and everywhere in-between.
Learn why government depends on ManTech – where mission-driven teams and continuously-evolving technology solutions set the industry standard in full-spectrum Cyber, Mission and Enterprise IT, Cloud, Analytics, Automation and AI, Intelligent Systems Engineering and Data at the Edge.
At ManTech, nearly 50% of our employees are veterans. To us, it’s personal. We know you because we are you. And with today’s veterans being among the most sophisticated warriors that the nation has ever had, we want you to join our mission, join our family. ManTech provides mission-focused technology solutions and services for the U.S. defense, intelligence community and federal civilian agencies. We know the value that military service instilled in you and what only veterans can offer to our sophisticated workforce.