Sr Analyst Cost Accounting - Military Veterans
at Nestlé USA
As a leader in the science of nutrition, Nestlé Health Science believes in empowering healthier lives for patients and consumers through a rich product portfolio featuring top brands such as Garden of Life®, Nature’s Bounty®, Vital Proteins®, Nuun®, Persona Nutrition®, BOOST®, Carnation Breakfast Essentials®, Peptamen®, Compleat Organic Blends®, and more, as well as through Aimmune Therapeutics, a biopharmaceutical company developing therapies to prevent, manage and treat food, GI and metabolic-related diseases.
Our team members are challenged to make a genuine impact and play an integral role in driving the business forward. We embrace a dynamic culture that always puts the consumer first, and where ownership, accountability and agility are celebrated at every level. To help our people thrive, we offer expansive career growth potential, the opportunity to work alongside and learn from talented colleagues with diverse backgrounds and skill sets, and a range of best-in-class benefits.
We have more than 11,000 employees around the world, and products available in over 140 countries.
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.
As the Sr Cost Accountant, you will be responsible for assisting the Factory Controller in the financial control of the operations including cost analysis, yields and efficiency analysis, monthly financial closes, periodic reporting, the preparation of the annual operating budget, and proper application/ maintenance of SAP.
- Partner with operations to maximize performance by designing financial and non-financial measurements and KPIs.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of the factory operations to assist production management in the identification, analysis and correction of excessive losses, machine inefficiencies and labor inefficiencies.
- Provide direction in the proper application of Nestlé costing standards to the operation and provide support for financial reporting systems.
- Financial Analysis/Costing Reporting- Collection, assimilation, transactional audit and analysis of financial information-variance calculating/reporting, yield analysis, labor analysis and maintenance spend.
- Manage the Capitalization of Assets by partnering with Engineering to manage costs and monitor capitalization.
- Develop and manage standards for finance/costing activities in the plant.
- Monitor and coordinate inventory adjustments & physical counts for the plant.
- Globe master data set-up for new/existing materials-maintain cost and accounting views. Execute costing reality checks with new cost estimate.
- Support budget process, period end close steps and costing health-checks.
- Provide manufacturing cost management expertise to the factory
- Bachelor’s Degree- preferably in Finance, Accounting, or related area of study
- 2+ years of experience in Cost Accounting
- SAP experience strongly preferred
- Ability to perform moderately complex calculations
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels
- Analytical thinking and detail oriented are necessary skills
- Effective time management skills.
Requisition ID: 226242
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with disabilities. Nestlé seeks such skilled and qualified individuals to share our mission where you’ll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé home.
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, gender, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, perceived disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status, as defined by applicable law. Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at email@example.com or please dial 711 and provide this number to the operator: 1-800-321-6467.
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.
Discover your Next Mission at Nestlé
Like you, we have a strong sense of mission. You serve our country, and we serve our country's families, communities, and pets.
Integrity, courage, expertise, speed, and innovation. These are the same principles you have perfected through your service and sacrifice in the form of leadership, adaptability, and resiliency. We will help you utilize those capabilities and develop further in a supportive career environment. It's a shared partnership where we take care of one another like family – the kind of brother-sisterhood that brings out the best in each other.
Vetted By Vets
It's our mission to offer stability and growth opportunities to members of the military community. We work with partners in the industry, the government and educational institutions who further enhance our military-supportive culture. These groups help us create a strong environment for veterans to assimilate into civilian careers at Nestlé.
Everyday Benefits That Serve You and Your Family
When you choose a career at any one of our Nestlé operating companies, you join a collaborative and inspiring culture - and we reward what you contribute and celebrate all you achieve here. We offer a competitive total rewards package inclusive of programs that support your physical, financial, and emotional wellbeing, in addition to retirement plans that help you plan for the future.
Please copy and paste this link to view our competitive total rewards package:
Upcoming Virtual Information Sessions:
Interested in learning about our Ensure Supply department and how the team works together to manufacture and deliver our products? The upcoming Nestlé Ensure Supply Virtual Recruiting Information Session will discuss how our salaried and hourly Ensure Supply team members play a critical role in bringing our vast portfolio of products to life. This event will take place on April 27, 2023 from 4:00-5:00 pm EST. Register here: https://forms.office.com/e/GQiG0nFctF.